Home Open Account Help 290 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > An Abbreviated Report Today

Date: 05/27/15 17:39
An Abbreviated Report Today
Author: Ritzville

Today was a partly cloudy day with thunderstorms in the area in Ritzville, WA on the BNSF Lakeside Sub with a high-low of 76-48. Today was another rail depositing day on Providence Hill. The rail train rolled into Ritzville last evening and parked for the night and  left before 8am for the Hill. I on the otherhand had a full day helping my neighbor move and was not always trackside. When I wasn't, I heard trains rolling thru, probably missed a half dozen today. When I was trackside, nothing was running, LOL, my luck. Here's a very abbreviated report for today and last evening.

1. WB 618pm manifest train with BNSF 6711-9393 and Warbonnet 791 on the point.
2. Warbonnet 791 on same train.
3. WB 654pm rail work train with BNSF 9222-6202 and Warbonnet 791 on the pull which ended up parking into the Ritzville yard and parked on the
East end for the night and pulled out in the early morning.

Date: 05/27/15 17:49
Re: An Abbreviated Report Today

4. WB 808pm grain train with BNSF 6927-1057 on the point.
5. EB 130pm return of rail train which highballed thru town with BNSF 6202-9222 on the pull.
6. EB 333pm intermodal train with BNSF 5134 on the very point at Bauman Rd., Ritzville and a friendly wave from the conductor.

Date: 05/27/15 17:56

7. The End of same intermodal train fading away towards CP W. Tokio at Bauman Rd.
8. WB 402pm grain train with BNSF 7394-4339 on the pull. No trains have passed by since the 402pm at 550pm.

That should be it for this abbreviated report. Might be able to do better tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great evening and thanks so much for looking!

Larry

Date: 05/27/15 18:23
Author: ShastaDaylight

Thanks Larry,

Maybe the weather will get better up there soon, although both Washington and here in utah needs the rain. Great photos as always...

ShastaDaylight

Date: 05/27/15 21:12
Author: thehighwayman

I look forward to your posts Larry, even the abbreviated ones!

Many thanks

Will MacKenzie
Dundas, ON

Date: 05/28/15 01:49
Author: funnelfan

I saw a number of eastbounds this afternoon, including that empty rail train and a baretable, but nothing unusual for power. Was working late this afternoon and when I got to Cheney I saw a heavy westbound manifest powered 4X1, all orange. Also found a broken rail in the yard on a switch that was between the frog and the switch point. Luckily it wasn't on a track that we needed to use.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 05/28/15 05:40
Author: SCKP187

Nice photos Larry. Only 1 junk manifest and all the others were unit trains which have a nice look of uniformity to them. Imagine it would be hard to get any work done with all your train traffic going through town.
Brian Stevens

Date: 05/28/15 05:43
Author: oklachaser

Nice series of photos Larry.

Ronda Thomas

Date: 05/28/15 12:16
Author: sp1827ml

SCKP187 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice photos Larry. Only 1 junk manifest and all
> the others were unit trains which have a nice look
> of uniformity to them. Imagine it would be hard to
> get any work done with all your train traffic
> going through town.
> Brian Stevens

Larry,
I agree with Brian, I would have a hard time getting any work done with all that train traffic. Thanks for your daily "Ritzville Report".

Mark
Reno NV

Date: 05/28/15 12:29

Thanks everyone for your nice comments!

Larry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0643 seconds