Home Open Account Help 336 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > The RR Gods have been good to me the last 2 days

Date: 05/28/15 19:38
The RR Gods have been good to me the last 2 days
Author: ns2557

Having spent the firt 2 days of the new week in Portland Or I finally got moving WednesdayAM. Went south to Salem then back up to Portland then east for New York. Yeah, long trip. Got to be there on Long Island on Monday.  But at least I get to do some guardrail fanning here and there as I go.

Shot 1.  This is the first encounter I have had with this particular UP Heritage unit. And I managed to get a shot of it to boot. Saw this on the rear of an eb satck train changing crews at La Grande Or, and went thru town hoping to catch him east of town. Found a nice spot and parked, got out and waited. Only about 10 minutes and the UP 5737 came east with the UP 1983 as the rear DPU Unit. Thought I might be able to get a few more shots as it went east, but even after I stopped to get some refreshments, I was never able to get anymore. Must of got ahead of him btwn La Grande and North Powder. Not sure exactly.  I do have to say that WP Orange Paint really stands out.

Shot 2.  This is in Echo Canyon along I80 or more like Echo Canyon Road. Having been thru here many a time over the years, never had the opportunity to travel Echo Canyon Road. Today, I decided to check it out.   Here is the first of two trains I encountered along the way.  This one, the UP 7939W caught me by surprise. Only had a few sec's to get out and grab a quick shot or so.  The rest of the power is UP 8125 and UP/SP Pnt 6304.

Shot 3. Now I actually turned around to get this one. Couldn't pass it by or up.  Took this one across from the Utah Dept of Trans Maint Facility not far from the Echo Exit of I80. 3 Brand Spanking New UP ES44AC's,  2561, 2563, 2566. I think possibly that this could be there first venture west on the UP. Having shot 2552/2557/2560 over in KC Mo at MAC in primer a few eeks ago, is what makes me think this. These were very Fresh.   

So the last 2 days were good. Hope the rest of the trip goes as well. Thanks for looking.  Take care ya'll.  Ben

Date: 05/28/15 19:47
Re: The RR Gods have been good to me the last 2 days
Author: highgreengraphics

Great job - Nice shots! === === = === JLH

Date: 05/28/15 20:08
Author: SCKP187

Really neat how this equipment gets around the country.   Aside from you seeing those units at MAC not long ago, I shot the 1983 in OK on the 18th. I have to say, #3 is one of the finest seen on TO in a long time--seems like everything is just right about it.
Brian Stevens

Date: 05/28/15 20:13
Author: ns2557

Brian, I only wish the sun hadn't been playing hide and seek with me on this shot. I managed a few just before this one that you could watch the sun and clouds racing each other.  Thanks for the nice comments.   Ben

Date: 05/28/15 20:23
Author: ns1000

NIIIIIIIIIICE....!!!

Date: 05/28/15 21:11
Author: wesleygreer

Sweet shots Ben!

Date: 05/29/15 04:44
Author: oklachaser

Great shots Ben. #3 is outstanding!!

Ronda Thomas

Date: 05/29/15 07:10
Author: texchief1

No. 3 is great.  Too bad not full of containers, otherwise it woudl make a good UP  calendar shot.

Randy Lundgren

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0451 seconds