Home Open Account Help 205 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > What Happened to the QFRNPP

Date: 05/28/15 22:21
What Happened to the QFRNPP
Author: Skygevo

See none scheduled.Did the traffic decline enough that they combine it with QFRNPP?Noticed trains are getting shorter and it looks like carloadings are down.Another Recession maybe.

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/15 22:28 by Skygevo.

Date: 05/28/15 23:18
Re: What Happened to the QFRNPP
Author: jmf1910

I believe two ran last week.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/29/15 04:03
Author: Cajon92

jmf1910 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe two ran last week.

Yup, one on Friday (22nd) and one on Saturday (23rd).

~Ryan

Date: 05/29/15 04:12
Author: sums007

What happens to this train at North Platte?  I believe this was the former so-called "Salad Bowl Express", destined for New York City via Chicago and Selkirk.

Date: 05/29/15 04:19
Author: Cajon92

sums007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What happens to this train at North Platte?  I
> believe this was the former so-called "Salad Bowl
> Express", destined for New York City via Chicago
> and Selkirk.

Are you thinking of the ZDLSK (Delano, CA to Selkirk, NY)? It still runs however now it runs as the ZDLGRP-xx (Delano to Green River, WY). Once the train reaches Green River it is combined with the reefer train coming out of the Pacific Northwest (don't know the symbol off the top of my head) and from Green River the train proceeds to Selkirk.

~Ryan

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/15 04:45 by Cajon92.

Date: 05/29/15 04:32
Author: sums007

Thanks Ryan, but the train I referred to ran in the 80's and was handed off to Conrail in Chicago.  And yes, I'm aware of the current Z train.  Thanks.

I'm still wondering about the current QFRNPP.  I'm sure perishables don't all end their journey in North Platte. 

Date: 05/29/15 05:35
Author: wesleygreer

There are actually very few cars that end their journey in North Platte. Almost every car that enters Bailey Yard departs on another train, hardly any actually terminate there. As for the perishable cars, they are split up in NP and depart on various eastbound manifests, with large portions departing on the QNPCXP and the QNPEL.

Date: 05/29/15 06:57
Author: PCX

QFRNPPs are still running twice-weekly as far as I know. A decade ago the Fresno Qs were a hot perishable reefer trains, usually limited to 80 cars and good for 60 mph, but that all changed in the mid-2000s when UP decided to turn those trains into distributed power 'junkers.'

Update on 5/31: Skygevo is correct as the QFRNPPs are no longer running as of this past week. MRVNPs/QRVNPPs now the manifests handling Roseville traffic to North Platte.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/15 09:06 by modoc_line.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0372 seconds