Home Open Account Help 366 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Some sunshine at last

Date: 05/29/15 12:50
Some sunshine at last
Author: PALuvR

After an additional .75" of rain early this morning (bringing our May total to 15+ inches) ,we finally had some sunshine this morning. I made a trip over to MP 190 where FM 1626 crosses the UP Austin Sub. First train up was a NB Z-train which was led by another "Heavy" but this time it was an EMD SD70AH. Following it was another NBer which looked like QEGNL. Power was a pair of SD70M's and a pair of Dash-9's. I shot a couple of SP boxcars and an interesting load on a bulkhead flat. Finishing off the morning was the NB Amtrak #22. Really loved that sun!

1. UP 8911 looking good in the morning sun
2. Cranking it up after a slow approach to the intermediate signal at MP 190.6
3. Had to include those Dash-9's in the shot

Date: 05/29/15 13:00
Re: Some sunshine at last

Here a couple of shots of SP boxcars with different style doors and a ton of graffiti. Also heavy load on a bulkhead flat that is really tied down which was one of 2 similar loads.

4-5. SP Cushion-Cars
6. Note the end and side braces. Will need a cutting torch to unload this. Any ideas what it might be. It's NB out of Mexico I suspect.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/15 19:44 by PALuvR.

Date: 05/29/15 13:03

And the last one through was Amtrak #22. Baggage car was a bit nicer than one I shot last week.

I appreciate y'all taking a look.

Mike

Date: 05/29/15 13:20
Author: sjvflash

The Amtrak engine stopped and plugged into a charging cord is hilarious.... Chuckle, chuckle

Date: 05/29/15 18:25
Author: oklachaser

Nice shots. Glad to see you are getting sunshine down your way.

Ronda Thomas

Date: 05/29/15 19:30
Author: Torisgod

sjvflash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Amtrak engine stopped and plugged into a
> charging cord is hilarious.... Chuckle, chuckle

Woo, nice optical illusion. Thanks for pointing that out.

Tor in Eugene

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.058 seconds