Home Open Account Help 383 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Passenger Special Cajon Sub Pics + Bonus

Date: 05/29/15 20:03
BNSF Passenger Special Cajon Sub Pics + Bonus
Author: TheNavigator

This afternoon we got word the BNSF passenger train that has been seen in SoCal the last few days would be heading east from San Bernardino early this evening.  RSD5 and I rendezvoused at the San Bernardino depot and decided to head to Verdemont and wait.  Shortly after 5:30 we could see a headlight in the distance but it turned out to be a slow-moving stack train.  As we were discussing the chances of having the stack train block the passenger special on an adjoining track, the special itself popped into view alongside the stack train.  Unfortunately the stack train had made just enough forward progress so that we couldn't get the entire passenger train in the frame, but we took what we could get.  Thanks to RSD5 and FCP901 for the heads up.

While waiting for the passenger train, the bonus was this 9-car local led by BNSF187 still in blue and yellow as seen in #3.

Thanks for looking,
GK

1.  The passenger special running around BNSF 5154 east at Verdemont.  The passenger train was configured in push-pull, with 8343 facing east and 8193 facing west.  In between were cars Rollins Pass, Cajon Pass, Mt. San Antonio, Fox River, Colorado River, Bay View, Powder River, Flathead River, Fred Harvey, Mountain View, and Glacier View.  High overcast began to block the sun shortly before the train reached our location.

2.  The stack train was moving just fast enough such that it blocked the the rear of the special.

3.  BNSF 187 in blue-and-yellow leading the local.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/15 10:38 by TheNavigator.

Date: 05/29/15 20:15
Re: BNSF Passenger Special Cajon Sub Pics + Bonus
Author: MtVernon_Tower

Great to see blue and yellow down there.

Adam

Date: 05/29/15 20:25
Author: erielackawanna

Wow - Gary - well done... 

Date: 05/29/15 21:02
Author: Cajon92

erielackawanna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow - Gary - well done... 

I will second that. Great shots, Gary. Awesome getting the 187 leading the local.

~Ryan

Date: 05/29/15 22:28
Author: oyw

Nice catches Gary!

Date: 05/30/15 05:02
Author: speederman01

BNSF can't hold a candle to UP or NS when it comes to assembling a passenger train.  I've never been a big fan of stainless steel so perhaps I'm biased that way.  Nevertheless, it's still great fun to see and photograph!

~Dave

Date: 05/31/15 19:08
Author: SP8595

Love that local, nice shots!

Date: 06/01/15 11:59
Author: ns1000

NIIIIIICE....!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0433 seconds