Home Open Account Help 305 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Makes you Cringe..

Date: 06/29/15 20:38
Makes you Cringe..
Author: Technology-Jeske

I almost couldn't keep looking most of the time as i knew this train could/would move any second..

This is the course of about just 4-5 minutes, there were a couple pedestrian/bicycle illegal crossings even before this.

This is the UP (SP) crossing at Q Street in Central Bakersfield.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/15 20:38 by Technology-Jeske.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/29/15 20:55
Re: Makes you Cringe..
Author: DKay

Still no cure for stupid.Watched a couple do that(australia) with a baby in a stroller a couple of years ago.They also had a carton of beer....probably half gone.
Regards,DK

Date: 06/29/15 20:55
Author: cchan006

I saw a couple guys do something similar in Colorado several years ago, going underneath some tank cars. The train started moving, and they barely got out before getting sliced.

The biker who went underneath made me cringe. The other biker who put his bike on the shoulder that took the ladder had a "better" idea, although we aren't supposed to condone any of this, right?

Date: 06/29/15 20:59
Author: MojaveBill

Have seen the baby carriage stunt too many times in the Mojave yard. A nieghbor lost a foot a few years ago crawling under a moving train so he could meet his buds at McDonalds.

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 06/29/15 21:02
Author: DynamicBrake

"Take out the slack."  A pair of Darwin Award candidates to be sure!

Kent in CArmel Valley

Date: 06/29/15 21:42
Author: BNSF-6432

I remember years ago UP was assembling their train in downtown Tulsa, OK to take to Muskogee. The last car being a caboose was still fouling the crossing so some guy attempting to go under got on his hands and knees and about the time he was just about to go for it they pulled on their train which made him jump back pretty quick

PQM

Date: 06/29/15 21:59
Author: SP4360

KICKEM!

Date: 06/30/15 13:25
Author: ns1000

Just when you thought you have seen it all........

I wonder when they were under the tanker what they would have done if that car had started to MOVE......!!!!?????!!!!!!

As a railfan, things like this IRRITATE me beyond belief!!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0295 seconds