Home Open Account Help 404 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF/UP Interlocking Tower Question

Date: 07/02/15 13:58
BNSF/UP Interlocking Tower Question
Author: CSXT_8437

Good Afternoon:

How many active interlocking towers are left on BNSF and UP?

Thank you in advance.

Date: 07/02/15 14:10
Re: BNSF/UP Interlocking Tower Question
Author: MGB78610

I believe JB tower at the crossing of Union Pacific's Geneva Sub and the ex-EJE in West Chicago, Illinois is still active. Someone can correct me if it has closed recently.

Date: 07/03/15 10:48
Re: BNSF/UP Interlocking Tower Question
Author: NebraskaZephyr

JB in West Chicago is still active. It is staffed by CN (ex-EJ&E) employees.

Two other active towers on UP in Chicagoland staffed by the "other" road are:

-- Tower A2 at Western Ave. where Metra's Milwaukee District tracks cross the UP West Line, manned by Metra;
-- Dolton Tower in the south suburbs, where UP's ex-C&EI crosses the IHB and CSX. Tower is manned by the IHB.

Just over a month ago UD Tower in Joliet closed, which was staffed by Metra but used by both BNSF and UP. That was the last open tower on BNSF proper in Chicagoland.

UP itself operates Lake St. Tower at Ogilvie Transportation Center (formerly Chicago Passenger Terminal, a.k.a. North Western Station) and CY (Clybourn) at the junction of the North and Northwest suburban lines. CY also remotely controls the interlockings at Mayfair and Deval (Des Plaines) on the Northwest Line.

There are a couple of towers in the St. Louis metro that UP operates through but AFAIK does not staff...Lenox Tower being one that comes to mind.

As for the rest of the country, I'll have to defer to others.

NZ

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0393 seconds