Home Open Account Help 227 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > a couple random shots on the pasadena sub today

Date: 07/02/15 16:20
a couple random shots on the pasadena sub today
Author: tc

I was in the neighborhood of the pasadena sub today , to bad I forgot my scanner so I figured I would catch a couple of  images since I was there.  #1 is engine 111 at MP110  2nd is the local pulling into azusa, someone needs to weed. 3rd shot ,I wanted the front of the station but they seem to modifying the front so  no good shot green fence blocking everything.

Date: 07/02/15 16:22
Re: a couple random shots on the pasadena sub today
Author: tc

One last shot as the local pulls into irwindale.  Thanks for looking

Date: 07/02/15 17:10
Author: PasadenaSub

Nice shots, Tim.  I'm glad they have the warbonnet pointing the right way now.  I was afraid they'd put up a fence at the Alameda Street cul-du-sac in Azusa, and now I see they've done it.  Oh well, I was hoping the fencing would just be on either side of the Gold Line tracks and leave the freight line alone.

Rich

Date: 07/02/15 17:28
Author: ButteStBrakeman

GREAT shots, Tim. as usual

Date: 07/02/15 18:38
Author: CR3

TC, nice shots!  I saw this same train go by at the Pasadena Ave. crossing after picking up my wife at the beauty shop near Rt. 66.  I like the photo of the Irwindale station.  Been anxious to see some progress on the Gold Line.  Looks like they have just about completed it in Irwindale.

CRS

Date: 07/03/15 21:51
Author: DNRY122

They're scheduled to be running afternoon and night time test trains to Azusa next week.  The GLFE Construction Authoriity is planning to turn the Phase 2A section over to Metro on Sept. 23; after that, Metro can start doing operator training, and then pre-revenue operations, with revenue service opening some time in the first half of 2016.  I've heard predictions of everwhere from "In time for the Rose Parade" to July 2016.  One of the reasons for uncertainty is whether Metro will have enough cars for both the Expo Line to Santa Monica and the Gold Line to Azusa.   

Historical note: In about ten days, we will be coming to the 25th anniversary of the Blue Line opening between LA and Long Beach.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0685 seconds