Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > My kind of bar!

Date: 07/02/15 20:17
My kind of bar!
Author: santafe199

Evidence of two great passions in my life are visible in this image: They are railfanning & baseball. The RR flavor in this bar’s name is just what a railfan could expect in north-central Oklahoma. And just to the right of the dual windows that Budweiser poster has the image of a baseball player. You might say I’m batting 2 for 2 so far! For another of my passions [music], what do ya s’pose the odds are there’s a juke box inside. 3 for 3?!! And for a fourth passion, I’m thinking I’ve got a better than 50-50 shot at a dart board or 2 being in there against one of the walls. Did I go 4 for 4, and “hit for the cycle”…

1. The “Frisco Bar” @ 608 N Independence Ave in Enid, OK on June 20, 2015.

I’ll get the next round!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Date: 07/02/15 20:49
Re: My kind of bar!
Author: tomstp

Don Wirth ought to like that.

Date: 07/02/15 23:04
Author: CajonRat

I recall goin 3 for 3 once, headed up to Dogers Stadium, tunes a crankin, overlooking the awesome Taylor Yard in LA.  Dodgers won, Taylor was packed, and Southern Pacific was still around.

Date: 07/03/15 08:37
Author: ntharalson

Maybe so, but you'd like "Santa Fe Bar" better!  LOL.

Nice to see you in Dallas.  

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 07/03/15 10:07
Author: stevelv

Here's one in Cuba, MO 7/11/12.  Pretty sure there is a bar in there.
Steve B.

Date: 07/03/15 10:34
Author: Lackawanna484

stevelv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's one in Cuba, MO 7/11/12.  Pretty sure
> there is a bar in there.
> Steve B.

That would be a nice place for a few tables and chairs. Sit there, work on your laptop, keep an eye on trains, etc. Probably even dog friendly...

Date: 07/03/15 10:50
Author: fbe

What an interesting reflection in the window. At first I thought your "lucky" bar was boarded up with plywood and closed to customers. Now I see it is a reflection to the wall and door of the business across the street. Is that also a bar with a subliminal message to customers to turn around and walk across the street for a cool one?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/03/15 12:14

stevelv Wrote: > ... Pretty sure there is a bar in there...

Nice! What a great place to meet a few railfan friends after a day chasing the high iron. From the looks on the outside I'd bet they have a pretty decnt short order menu. Hmmm...  I wonder if they have a little place out back where we could emulate ZZ Top and have a little "Party on the Patio"... ;^)

DJ Sir L

Date: 07/03/15 12:18

fbe Wrote: > What an interesting reflection in the window... Now I see it is a reflection ...of the business across the street...

Yeah, it also took me a few seconds to figure out what that was. It was a hot day, and I surely was tempted to 'drop in for a cold one'. But I had a lot of miles to put behind me yet...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0359 seconds