Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Mossbrae Daylight - Quadcopter Video

Date: 07/03/15 10:17
Mossbrae Daylight - Quadcopter Video
Author: e9abba

Almost two weeks after the event, I finally got around to editing and posting a quadcopter video of the Mossbrae Daylight when it made its round trip from Dunsmuir to Black Butte, California.  Sorry... no railroad sound.. just music for this one.  This was my first time flying a drone over the Cantara Loop/Sawmill Curve area.  It made for some pretty good video.  Hope you enjoy.

The special ran from the Bay Area to Dunsmuir on June 19th.  On Saturday the 20th, the train performed its business function by carrying individuals interested in making the Mossbrae Trail a reality.  Later on Saturday, the train returned to the Bay Area. 

A big thank you to Ryan Wikerson and family.  It was also great to meet Photo Bob and the venerable John Signor.

Paul Greenfield, E9ABBA

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/03/15 11:02
Re: Mossbrae Daylight - Quadcopter Video
Author: px320

Great footage. Thanks for posting.

Date: 07/03/15 11:31
Author: RyanWilkerson

Great video Paul! It was a great chase of a special train filled with so many friends and family. Highlight of the year for the Wilkersons!

Posted from Android

Ryan Wilkerson
Fair Oaks, CA

Date: 07/03/15 12:04
Author: Auburn_Ed

Since UAV's are so new to most of us, can we request the make/model of drone AND camera?  We don't need to ask these questions for most digital DSLRs anymore, but (I think) drones are just exploding onto the landscape and many who might be interested in joining the hobby would like to know.  Thanks. Ed

Date: 07/03/15 12:50
Author: MojaveBill

Great video, super music!! Thanks!!

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 07/03/15 14:54
Author: ns1000

Nice video!!

Date: 07/03/15 14:59

The drone is a DJI Phantom 3 Professional.  I had the Phantom 2 Vision Plus, but DJI has made some major enhancements with the next generation.  The "Professional" denotes a 4K camera, which I did not take advantage of.  The video was shot in 1080P.  I don't have the processing horsepower at home to edit 4K video, but perhaps some day I'll upgrade my computing capabilities.

Regards,
Paul Greenfield, E9ABBA

Date: 07/03/15 18:26
Author: stash

Fantastic!

Posted from Android

Date: 07/04/15 05:43
Author: agrafton

Fantastic Video, great camera work with angles, perspectives and locations.Well done.
Alan

Date: 07/04/15 08:32
Author: Auburn_Ed

The video really shows, better than any other medium, the climb up and out of the Sacramento River Canyon.  You can see the whole climb, from Cantara Loop to Mt. Shasta City. Amazing.

Ed

Date: 07/04/15 09:28
Author: ut-1

Well done indeed!!!

Date: 07/07/15 17:39
Author: schwammbob

Paul,

Great work, both in video work and quadcopter handling!   It was just the right length as well, and you couldn't ask for better flying conditions!

Best,

Stan

Date: 07/07/15 23:50
Author: Orient

ok, I'll ask, why was the train running at less than 5mph there towards the end? Seemed like the entire trip was put on restricted speed. If I were on that train, I'd be saying "why are we going so slow? This is why trains aren't popular".

Date: 07/08/15 19:55

At the end of the video, the train was passing Mossbrae Falls.  The crew was instructed to travel at 5 mph so people in each car could view the falls.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0335 seconds