Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Trifecta of trouble - Friday the 3rd

Date: 07/03/15 18:20
Trifecta of trouble - Friday the 3rd
Author: pummer

Three railroads has issues at nearly the same time late this afternoon in southern Wisconsin. I headed to the Reeseville, WI area to catch Amtrak #7. Listening to the scanner while waiting, I heard a UP train stopped at Rock with a reported loose load. Then I heard CN train 447 on the former Wisconsin Central, talking to their dispatcher about a problem (broken knuckle, I believe) that had them stopped near Midway. Finally over on the Canadian Pacific, after Amtrak #8 went thru Richwood nearly five hours late, the crossing gates on Hwy. Q stayed down forcing the following train (CP 800) to flag the crossing. For an hour period, it seemed more like Friday the 13th.

1. Amtrak #7 near Reeseville.
2. UP 9696 West - stopped with a loose load on a lumber car at Rock.
3. Amtrak #8 running about five hours late.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/15 18:26 by pummer.

Date: 07/03/15 21:01
Re: Trifecta of trouble - Friday the 3rd
Author: highgreengraphics

Well, nice to see the new bagg on the Builder, if not a bit out of place-looking with the curved car sides and unexplainable earlier-phase striping. Looks like that outside curve helps them get every fraction of an inch possible out of the carbody width! === === = === JLH

Date: 07/04/15 09:06
Re: Trifecta of trouble - Friday the 3rd
Author: ns1000

I like the look of Pic 2!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0333 seconds