Home Open Account Help 297 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Freights and Amtrak in the rain Little Rock July 3

Date: 07/03/15 18:22
Freights and Amtrak in the rain Little Rock July 3
Author: arkansasrailroader

On my webpage today:
Friday, July 3, 2015 at Union Station in Little Rock, Arkansas. It was a rainy day. Amtrak's southbound Texas Eagle No. 21 was late, arriving in daylight at 11 a.m., plus I also caught a few freights. We had 14 railfans there today, and we had lunch together at Whole Hog Cafe, a barbecue restaurant. I'll show the Amtrak photos first then the freight photos. I didn't see any 'fallen flag' freight cars today, but I might have missed some since I was protecting my camera from the rain a lot of the time.

Click this link to view more photos:
http://thundertrain.org/amtrak-lrk-070315.html

1-Amtrak loco 196 passing stopped UP 8615, 11:05 a.m. Amtrak Texas Eagle no. 21 was 8 hours late, normally gets here 3 a.m. .
2-UP 8615, CSXT 7907 and UP 6370, ex-SP
3-UP 5181 and 4895.

Date: 07/03/15 20:01
Re: Freights and Amtrak in the rain Little Rock July 3
Author: captain

I visited there last May. Great place for trains. It is on my list of places to go to.

Date: 07/04/15 03:10
Author: DFWJIM

I bet you would not get 14 railfans out there if the Texas Eagle was on time!

Date: 07/04/15 11:33
Author: SPMemphisFreight

Hey Thundertrain, listening to LIT sub scanner traffic this morning and it sounds like a possible washout between Emmet and Prescott.  Dispatcher had dog patches all over the place north and south of TEX. ILXMN, ZLDYC were a couple I heard being tied down. 

Date: 07/04/15 13:43
Author: arkansasrailroader

Thanks. I guess that's why Amtrak Eagle 21 has been delayed in Arkansas again.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0407 seconds