Home Open Account Help 268 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Going for display

Date: 07/30/15 05:37
Going for display
Author: dcfbalcoS1

By this morning ( July 30 ) the paint will be finished on this rock Island motor car and by late this afternoon it will be on display in Liberla, Ks if all goes well. The person who is incharge of the place requested the blue paint so thats what we put on it and hope it is as correct as it would have been in 1980. Unfortunately no motor in it but it rolls easy. Windows will be put in later. It was a Rock Island asset, still with the Rock Island tag which was given to the gentleman that started the Liberal Depot Heritage Park. This was his fathers motor car.
      We still have the Southern Pacific baggage car to get painted and lettered. And looking for a Union Pacific caboose/

Date: 07/30/15 07:17
Re: Going for display
Author: SCKP187

Nice. That is going to enhance to display quite a bit. Sounds like many more good thing s to come also. Good luck.
Brian Stevens

Date: 07/30/15 08:26
Author: UPRR3985

We finished touching up the wheels with black last night so they're all done now. Also a few places I couldn't get to with the spray gun.
I'd like to thank TOs member Jimmies for sending me the paint samples he had so I could get the correct shade of blue.
Mark

Posted from Android

Date: 07/30/15 10:14
Author: superfleet

What paint did you use to get the "bankruptcy blue" Rock Island color?  I've been looking for a good approximation in shaker-can format so I can paint some stuff into the Rock Island color.  Nice work!

dan

Date: 07/30/15 10:27

Dan,
I took the samples that Jimmies sent me and had them scanned at the local Sherwin Williams. They mixed the blue in an industrial coating. The white is simply called snowbound white.
PM me and ill get the paint numbers to you.

Posted from Android

Date: 07/30/15 16:20
Author: oklachaser

That's sweet,

Ronda Thomas

Date: 07/30/15 16:31

Motorcar set on display track. Pictures to follow by dcfbalco. Thanks for the comments.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0433 seconds