Home Open Account Help 370 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > The Kyle...... SP style.

Date: 07/30/15 08:55
The Kyle...... SP style.
Author: theironhorse

Well, on my way back to Wisconsin from Colorado (7-28-15), it was suggested by SD45X that I follow th Kyle from Limon east and see if I catch anything. So away I went. I headed east and nothing to be seen. I stopped at Burlington, CO for some gas and a restroom break. Just as I was starting to fill up, I here the melodious horn of a west bound going through town. Well, of course, I had to pee really bad. I figured I'd have time to run in and use the restroom grab a snack and chase west. I mean, how fast can he go, right? So, 5 minutes later, I'm the car haeding west... and heading west... and still heading west! Crap! I think he skunked me!! Hmmm. 15 miles and no train.. Well, I went back to Burlington, and there he was!! Switching! Damn It! Well, I didn't get skunked after all! He was just finishing up and heading back to his train on the main on the east side of town. I didn't have a lot of time to chase, but I did what I could.

The Iron Horse

1. On the west side of Burlington, backing down to his train.

2. Backing by the old Rock Island depot in Burlington.

3. Doing an air test prior to departure.

Date: 07/30/15 08:57
Re: The Kyle...... SP style.

4. "Blasting" out of Burlington.

5. Leaning into the curve (My best shot of the train, I think).

6. Coming into Bethune, CO.

Date: 07/30/15 08:59

The final two shots. At Bethune, the crew was short on time and the relief was there for a crew change. As luck would have it, I had spent 2 hours 'messing around' and needed to hit the road. 

The Iron Horse

Enjoy!

Date: 07/30/15 09:35
Author: SD45X

LOL!!

Date: 07/30/15 10:49
Author: TomPlatten

I take it that this line is fairly busy based on the fact the rails are shiny! Is this ex-RI?

Date: 07/30/15 11:05
Author: callum_out

It's the ex-Rock mainline to Colorado Springs and Denver, as to busy, a train a day.

Out

Date: 07/30/15 11:39
Author: ns1000

GOOD stuff.....!! Thanks....

Date: 07/30/15 14:05
Author: 3rdswitch

You did good, I have never seen them actually change crews, normally they just park it, very nice catches.
JB

Date: 07/30/15 15:03
Author: loopy7764

You went that far out of your way and didn't have the pleasure of meeting railtime?

Date: 07/30/15 15:27
Author: Cajon92

Nice catch and nice shots.

~Ryan

Date: 07/30/15 20:50
Author: SCKP187

Really nice action shots--your back-and-forth chase sounds like some of mine. At least the train was going west for you.
Brian Stevens

Date: 07/31/15 12:13
Author: Rick2582

Great stuff!  Now get out the paint can and stencil back the "SP" on the nose for a complete picture !

Date: 07/31/15 20:55
Author: wesleygreer

Awesome leader, #4 is just sweet!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0572 seconds