Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Indifferent Day In Oklahoma . . .

Date: 07/30/15 09:57
Indifferent Day In Oklahoma . . .
Author: SCKP187

Yesterday turned out to be an exceptional photo day beginning with the first photo opportunity in Inola OK as UP moved some Kenefick Green MofW cars towards Iowa in the best sunlight and sky available since as far back as November with all the rain and clouds we've had this year.
Quite a lot of traffic moving on the Wagoner Sub with another catch at Vian OK of an AEPX coal load headed for Fulton AR.
At Sallisaw OK we heard on the scanner that the KCS had several trains in the area and spotted 2 fresh-looking Belles at Gans OK getting ready to tie their train down in the siding, and a following most colorful TXUX coal load stopped, picked up the crew and then continued south with 2 Belles leading and BNSF/CSX DPUs shoving through Redland OK.
All said, a really great day of activity and photos except for the fact that on the way back to Tulsa in the evening I hit a deer and trashed up the front end of the car so the photos got a little more expensive than normal.
Photos July 29 015 Thanks for looking.
Brian Stevens

Date: 07/30/15 09:58
Re: Indifferent Day In Oklahoma . . .
Author: SCKP187

last 2

Date: 07/30/15 10:38
Author: UPRR3985

Great photos Brian. Sorry about your luck. That deer probably wasn't using a deer crossing either ;-).

Posted from Android

Date: 07/30/15 12:45
Author: Ritzville

Really Nice photos Brian. Always like the KCS Belles. Sure sorry to hear you hit a deer, I've had close calls myself, never good results when you hit one..

Larry

Date: 07/30/15 12:51
Author: dcfbalcoS1

Only one better than that was one of my operators stopped at a stop sign in the country and before he could start again, a deer jumped up out of the ditch and ran into our pickup. Deer fell down for just a few seconds and I suppose came to, and left the area without making out the accident forms.

Date: 07/30/15 14:02
Author: 3rdswitch

Nice variety.
JB

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0477 seconds