Home Open Account Help 318 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Rock Island motorcar at dispaly

Date: 07/31/15 03:55
Rock Island motorcar at dispaly
Author: dcfbalcoS1

My son Mark and I delivered the Rock Island motorcar to the display track in Liberal Kansas ( Liberal Depot Heritage Park ) yesterday. We found it was easiest to unload it on the track where the SP baggage car and UP caboose will eventually go and then 'ride' it to the other end. At that point we made the corner and set it on the short track built for it and its push cart.         Oh if it only had a motor in it. . . . .           This is located east of the depot which now houses Ruffinos Italian Restaurant. Good place to visit too, about noon.

Date: 07/31/15 06:33
Re: Rock Island motorcar at dispaly
Author: SCKP187

Nice addition. The finished product looks really good.
Brian Stevens

Date: 07/31/15 06:58
Author: rww

Thanks for psoting these dcfbalcoS1, and thanks for the work of you and your son.  The exhibit is really starting to take shape and brings back lots of memories for me.  I hired out with CRIP in what is now Ruffinos over 42 years ago as my father did 20 years before that.  I'll be there this weekend and will spend some time looking over your handiwork!!! 
rww

Date: 07/31/15 08:54
Author: oklachaser

SCKP187 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice addition. The finished product looks really
> good.
> Brian Stevens

I agree with Brian. Great job. I'll have to make a trip back there to get some pics of it.

Ronda Thomas

Date: 07/31/15 11:38
Author: Ritzville

Very Nice looking motorcar!!

Larry

Date: 07/31/15 18:10
Author: ATSF2324

Used to ride to RI tracks in COS with our motorcar.   Before the tracks were ripped up...
Really nice display too.    You can find a engine on the NARCOA website...
Gus

Date: 08/01/15 14:37
Author: rrpreservation

Looks great! Thanks for posting.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0353 seconds