Home Open Account Help 225 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > NCIS and New Mexico Rail Runner...?

Date: 08/03/15 15:36
NCIS and New Mexico Rail Runner...?
Author: kg6nlw

Anyone notice in Season 12 of NCIS, that they loop a TV sequence of what looks to be New Mexico Rail Runner? I've been watching quite a few episodes and have been constantly seeing this loop. Anyone else see this?

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank Christ
Cloverdale, CA
FranksRails Photography, LLC.

Date: 08/03/15 20:53
Re: NCIS and New Mexico Rail Runner...?
Author: MojaveBill

They are really sloppy on their trains. Most of the suburban scenes are supposed to be in the Northern Virginia DC suburbs but more than once I have seen LA Metrolink trains in the background, becuase they shoot the suburban scenes in Santa Clarita... (along with the Sand Box scenes, etc., etc., etc.)

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 08/03/15 21:18
Author: kg6nlw

MojaveBill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They are really sloppy on their trains. Most of
> the suburban scenes are supposed to be in the
> Northern Virginia DC suburbs but more than once I
> have seen LA Metrolink trains in the background,
> becuase they shoot the suburban scenes in Santa
> Clarita... (along with the Sand Box scenes, etc.,
> etc., etc.)

Indeed, I've seen Metrolink just a few times in the scenes...Along with multiple California plates.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank Christ
Cloverdale, CA
FranksRails Photography, LLC.

Date: 08/03/15 23:04
Author: DNRY122

My favorite is the scene in JAG where two of the staff members are interviewing the resident of a public housing project, supposedly in DC or nearby Virginia.  Looks very "Back East" with the red brick buildings---until the Metrolink train goes by on the Union Station approach tracks in the background.

Then there's the scene supposedly somewhere in the boondocks of Russia.  But is it really the Motherland?  Nyet, Comrade.  It's the former SP station in Santa Paula, with the camera operators presumably instructed to avoid including any palms or citrus trees in the pictures.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.2972 seconds