Home Open Account Help 297 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Warbonnet GP60Ms with Iphone on Pasadena Local...

Date: 08/04/15 14:40
Warbonnet GP60Ms with Iphone on Pasadena Local...
Author: PasadenaSub

I hadn't planned on going after today's train in Glendora, CA but did go out around 1:30pm to get some motor oil to work on the car.  Since the auto parts store was just south of the tracks I figured I'd see if he still came through around the usual time.  All I had for a camera was my new Iphone 6, so it figured to be a good chance to try it out.  Here's the train with GP60Ms 146 (the former Maersk unit) and 101 with a healthy train of 15 cars westbound for Miller-Coors brewing in Irwindale.  The results look about as good (or bad) as my usual Fuji digicam for mid-day in August.  Both photos at the Glenwood Ave. grade crossing.

Rich

Date: 08/04/15 16:22
Re: Warbonnet GP60Ms with Iphone on Pasadena Local...
Author: DNRY122

As the start of pre-revenue testing approaches for the Gold Line Foothill Extension approaches, the prospect of a Warbonnet and LRV photo becomes more and more likely.  Sept. 23 is the scheduled date for the Construction Authority to hand over the Pasadena to Azusa segment to Metro.  Two of the new Kinki-Sharyo light rail units are in the yard at Monrovia, and more are expected soon.

Date: 08/04/15 18:33
Author: PHall

The quality of the pictures from the iPhone shows you why camera sales are down, a lot!

Date: 08/04/15 19:38
Author: Atsf814

Recently they have been running an ex-ATSF caboose shoving platform now painted brown. It is hit and miss. Saw it last week a few days but not the last two.  I work in Pomona and see this local daily. 

Date: 08/04/15 20:59
Author: DNRY122

We live in an age of "miracles and wonders"--people take pictures with their phones and talk on their cameras.

Date: 08/05/15 06:22
Author: ATSF5964

DNRY122 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We live in an age of "miracles and
> wonders"--people take pictures with their phones
> and talk on their cameras.
>  
It makes the cops harassing you for having a camera near the tracks even more ludicrous, too.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0445 seconds