Home Open Account Help 331 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > One "Can" Short of a Six Pack!

Date: 08/26/15 10:12
One "Can" Short of a Six Pack!
Author: z-trains

Late yesterday I got word of a solid consist of five brand new ET44c4's leading train Z-LPKLAC, which was due down the Cajon Subdivsion in the very early morning. Crossing our fingers that it would lose enough time to be lit by the morning sun, and hoping that the clouds that covered much of the basin would not be present in the high desert, my father and I set out at 4:30 this morning to catch the train. Unfortunately, the clouds dogged us for much of the trip, and the five pack arrived at Frost at the same time we did, under the cover of darkness. Racing back down the pass to Verdemont, we set up with barely enough time to get the train again, as it approached from Devore. The sun was still in some clouds but, wait! As the train came into view a mile or so away, the light changed to it being partially lit, and just before it came around then bend, the light shifted into full gear, perfectly illuminating the train as it passed our location! I will say that it was probably the luckiest shot I've ever gotten in my many years of being a Railfan. Ever. With the sun gone, we headed down to Highgrove and caught the train one last time, heading underneath the searchlights at the East end of town. Overall, this was a great going away present by BNSF for me, as I leave tomorrow to start a new chapter of my life in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Enjoy!

The video is attached, and shall be part of a larger video that I'll publish sometime next week during orientation. Thanks!

Cheers,

Zachary
http://www.z-trains.com
Railfanjunction on YouTube

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/15 12:08 by z-trains.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/26/15 11:46
Re: One "Can" Short of a Six Pack!
Author: gandydancer4

Great Shots as always, Zach. And best of luck to you in Michigan

Date: 08/26/15 15:13
Author: electromac

Outstanding............ 

Date: 08/26/15 15:34
Author: ns1000

VERY NICE....!! Thanks for sharing.

Date: 08/26/15 18:25
Author: CNW8531

Get 'em while they're clean!  And they don't get much cleaner than that, good shots!  I like the hump on the roof line of those engines toward the rear next to the radiator.  It reminds me of an Alco C-636 locomotive! 

Date: 08/26/15 20:02
Author: MGB78610

Great photos and video! The first shot is outstanding...

Date: 08/26/15 20:56
Author: BNSF-6432

Nice! Hope to see one of those as IOTD

PQM

Date: 08/27/15 00:26
Author: Fizzboy7

Certainly impressive and historical.   There will be no other time in history one will catch that many in that condition.   Fantastic catch!

Date: 08/27/15 07:55
Author: aehouse

Despite being an old fart increasingly turned off by stuff like grafitti and lookalike signals on every railroad, I have to admit that I really loved your photo and videos.   There is drama (and good looking drama) in contemporary railroading, and these were just gems.

Art House

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.055 seconds