Home Open Account Help 300 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Time well spent

Date: 08/27/15 14:54
Time well spent
Author: pummer

As a general rule, I try not to take off early from work. Starting in the wee hours of the morning, the hardest part is getting up and being there on time. Once I get there, I figure after the effort, I should just as well stay and save my vacation time for another day.  Today was an exception - we were fully staffed and it promised to be a beautiful summer day - so I cut out early. I managed to get a shot that I had been hoping to get for some time - an over/under with the Wisconsin & Southern and Union Pacific. Later on, I visited a favorite spot and caught a BNSF unit along with an ex-Missabe unit leading a Canadian Pacific train. Even if I had not photographed any trains, it was still a gorgeous day to be outside. Luckily the trains cooperated too.

1. Wisconsin & Southern train L593 passes beneath Union Pacific's Adams Subdivision as a UP eastbound rumbles overhead near Randolph, Wisconsin.
2. Canadian Pacific train 281, led by BNSF 7368 and an ex-Missabe unit crosses the Rock River in Watertown, Wisconsin.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pummer/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/15 14:58 by pummer.

Date: 08/27/15 15:35
Re: Time well spent
Author: BNSF-6432

Well spent indeed! Neat consists

PQM

Date: 08/27/15 15:55
Author: 3rdswitch

Couple of excellent catches.
JB

Date: 08/28/15 13:51
Author: ns1000

NICE pics!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0313 seconds