Home Open Account Help 260 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Rocky Mountaineer Coastal Passage

Date: 08/27/15 15:02
Rocky Mountaineer Coastal Passage
Author: Sasquatch

I was trackside in Edmonds, WA today at lunch hoping to catch the southbound Rocky Mountaineer Coastal Passage train, but either it beat me to Edmonds or it is waaaay behind schedule.

Does anyone know if it indeed did make it to King Street Station today, and if so, at what time?  And will it be heading north again today, and if so, at what time might it be passing through Mukilteo?

Many thanks in advance for any info anyone might be able to provide.

-Tom

Date: 08/27/15 15:13
Re: Rocky Mountaineer Coastal Passage
Author: BN4364

I thought that was a Saturday only train?

Date: 08/27/15 15:28

Well, heck...I just looked at the schedule again and now realize I was looking at the 2016 schedule.  Doh!!!

Thank you for pointing out the Saturday nature of that train, BN4364.  I would have been out there all day for the next bunch of Thursdays wondering what was up!

One thing I must admit about getting older; you just never know the next dumb thing you're gonna do and it gets to be downright entertaining at times!

Time for my nappy, and thanks again for straightening me out, BN4364.

-Tom

PS...here's the 2015 schedule:
http://www.rockymountaineer.com/en_US/travel_planning/schedule2015

Date: 08/28/15 06:55
Author: Macster

Typically comes down early Saturday morning, turns at the coach wye, then boards shortly after arrival into King Street. Pretty quick turn around time for them! 

Date: 08/28/15 09:34

Thank you for the update, Brian; that will help me when I next go after that train for a few photos...and this time I'll even do it on the right day ha ha ha!

-Tom

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0263 seconds