Home Open Account Help 333 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A Look Back at SKOL...

Date: 08/27/15 15:07
A Look Back at SKOL...
Author: BNSF-6432

Recently found some of the older more interesting SKOL consists that came through Tulsa, OK on the WAMX shortline running from Kansas down to Oklahoma City, and switching from SKOL to SLWC (Stillwater Central) in Tulsa, OK via BNSF trackage rights through town. Most photos shot by my dad as I was only about 5 or 6 at the time. I do recall seeing these crazy lashups and I was photographing, but most pics are over or under exposed as well as extremely tilted. Enjoy.

1) Around 2003, WATCO had the leased exBN C-30s running around, here's 2 on BNSF tracks I believe between Tulsa and Sapulpa

2) A C30 leads the northbound train by Urban on BNSF, preparing to enter SKOL trackage with a former Ohio Central? GP30, Stillwater Central GP30, and HLCX SD40

3) Not sure on this location, possibly in the SKOL Tulsa yard during the winter of 2003 with a white cab leader

More...

Date: 08/27/15 15:11
Re: A Look Back at SKOL...

4) A Southbound train on BNSF tracks between Tulsa and Supulpawith 4 units working hard

5) A few years later, around 2005, former NS high hood SD40s took over the rock trains, in the middle is a K&O GP with the black and white strips. As the rock train comes through downtown Tulsa on BNSF

6) Another southbound train south of Tulsa, led by a former CN widecab GP40

More..

Date: 08/27/15 15:16

7) Next brought to us by HLCX were the former Amtrak GP40s as the southbound train comes off the SKOL connection onto BNSF in downtown Tulsa, OK

8) Passing through Cherokee Yard is another southbound train with a former CN GP40 leading, summer of 2004

9) Still 2004, The southbound train passes some of the many bridges in downtown Tulsa

Date: 08/27/15 15:19

10) And the current SKOL, heres a soutbound train in 2013 shot by me as it enters Cherokee Yard under the new WATCO paint scheme
Pics 1-9 taken by Daryl McGee
Its amazing what 10 years can do ;-)

PQM

Date: 08/27/15 15:42
Author: KansasRailHead

Nice shots. I've been shooting the SKOL around Winfield Ks for a few Years I'll try and Post a few shots this weekend

Posted from Android

Date: 08/28/15 05:08
Author: nwkrailfan

Cool! I had the WAMX 4021 as my leader last night on the K&O. The HLCX 4403 went on to become the WAMX 4038 and was the first locomotive I rode in when I started in OKC.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.053 seconds