Home Open Account Help 395 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > today on the pasadena sub, trip down wheeler

Date: 08/27/15 16:16
today on the pasadena sub, trip down wheeler
Author: tc

I  got a headsup that they might run a couple of test trains on the former pasadena sub  so passing monrovia I didn't see any moving trains so figured I would go farther east and hope to run into the local and sure enough ran into them at pamona so as I followed them along the line W/B they stopped at la verne and through the switch so off I went to chase up wheeler rd

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/15 16:17 by tc.

Date: 08/27/15 16:24
Re: today on the pasadena sub, trip down wheeler

1st shot almost back to the main track for the rest of the trip to irwindale.  2nd is  a shot by the dried out grass just heading into san dimas. 3rd is the train passing the irwindale station (still no test train)  when I went by monrovia I saw they were training the sheriffs swat team in the train so that must of  happened to the test train.  I hear the irwindale stations opening is tomorrow.  Thanks for your time to view Tim

Date: 08/27/15 16:29
Author: PasadenaSub

Nice shots, Tim.  Really like the Irwindale picture. 

I've heard the Gold Line test trains usually run from 5-9pm on weeknights, but it sounds like you got a headsup of them running earlier in the day.

Rich

Date: 08/27/15 16:34

Thanks Rich hopefully the local can keep this set until they start passenger service,   YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!   When I was taking the irwindale shot my brother in law had to ignore me so no one would make fun of him for having a bro in law that chases trains.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/15 16:37 by tc.

Date: 08/27/15 17:18
Author: atsf121

Those first two scream Southern California tc, great shots. The in-law comment sounds like my in-laws.

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/27/15 23:11
Author: DNRY122

Extra points for "Three Aces", and a good shot of the Irwindale station.  There's an official dedication set for Friday afternoon, and on Sept. 23, the East Pasadena to Azusa segment is to be turned over to Metro for operation.  They'll start with acceptance testing and operator training, then comes pre-revenue operation.  Sometime early next year, electric railway passenger service will return to Azusa almost 65 years after the Pacific Electric rail service quit in Sept. 1951.

Date: 08/28/15 02:19
Author: Fizzboy7

Good show there!   Old-time railroading blending in with modern changes.

Date: 08/28/15 09:53
Author: Cajon92

Great series, Tim. Nice to have the still Santa Fe lettered 111 up front! Thanks for sharing,

~Ryan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/15 09:53 by Cajon92.

Date: 08/28/15 13:53
Author: ns1000

VERY NICE....!! Thanks for sharing.

Date: 08/28/15 18:00
Author: lamta_jay

looks familiar to me sort of,,,

Last train I saw on this spur was in 1971

Great catch !

Jay

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0438 seconds