Home Open Account Help 389 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > napa valley wine train law suit

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 08/28/15 04:18
napa valley wine train law suit
Author: HB90MACH

I did not see this posted. The wine train is being sued. Apparently a book club was on board being very noisy. They were kicked off mid run. That is all I heard about it. Can anybody file in the gaps?

Date: 08/28/15 04:30
Re: napa valley wine train law suit
Author: Evan_Werkema

Date: 08/28/15 08:06
Author: portlander

I haven't seen where a lawsuit has been filed, but I haven't looked that hard. It would be a terrible disappointment to get lawyers involved. The book club got a well deserved apology and then some. 

Date: 08/28/15 08:51
Author: WAF

You kneww that was going to happen. Lincoln might have freed the slaves, but some feel more should have been done for them

Date: 08/28/15 09:39
Author: qwikdick

The CEO threw his crew under the caboose.  In public he says they were over 100% wrong.  In a private meeting he said they did the right thing.
The group was obnoxious as well as loud.  They were asked three times to tone it down.  Other passengers were flipped off and one was tripped.
Not very ladylike.  They got their meal and free wine and a full refund.  The lawyers are probably crowded around three deep.  The employees are fit to be tied.
One young girl was on her way to work and stopped at Starbucks.  She was taunted as a racist.  It's all a crock.
Is caboose supposed to be capitalized?

Date: 08/28/15 10:00
Author: SP4360

Employees need to counter sue for having to put up with the emotional distress they had to endure from this obnoxious bunch of idiots. Play the cracker card.

Posted from Android

Date: 08/28/15 10:44
Author: P

The CEO threw his EE's under the bus for fear of getting sued.  Now, guess what? they are getting sued anyway - and he has now lost the support of his EE's.  He basically invited the lawsuit by admitting some sort of guilt.  Idiot.   The company, instead of supporting its employees for doing the right thing, chose to cower in the face of criticism and will lose in a much greater fashion than they would have.   We have got to start standing up to this bullying.   People need to be held accountable to their actions, no matter what race they are.   Somehow, we have got to this position that people of a certain race can do whatever they want and not suffer the consequences of their behavior.   We see it all over society - and if this were not a railroad forum, I could list the multitude of ways that has become true.

It is sickening to see.  BTW, wasn't it previously mentioned that it is a regular occurence that people are removed from this train due to similiar behavior??? 

Date: 08/28/15 10:56

qwikdick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The CEO threw his crew under the caboose.  In
> public he says they were over 100% wrong.  In a
> private meeting he said they did the right thing.
> The group was obnoxious as well as loud.  They
> were asked three times to tone it down.  Other
> passengers were flipped off and one was tripped.
> Not very ladylike.  They got their meal and free
> wine and a full refund.  The lawyers are probably
> crowded around three deep.  The employees are fit
> to be tied.
> One young girl was on her way to work and stopped
> at Starbucks.  She was taunted as a racist. 
> It's all a crock.
> Is caboose supposed to be capitalized?

Source? I also would like to see proof that there is a lawsuit. I'm not saying there isn't one, I just can't find info on it.

Seems they don't only dislike black people....

http://abc7news.com/news/napa-wine-train-accused-of-racial-bias-in-second-incident/960104/

Date: 08/28/15 11:34
Author: Cupolau

If they can prove in court that they have thrown off white passengers for similar incidents and they can round up some of the passengers that complained to testify in court and have a video tape off  someones phone of the incident, then they'll probably settle out of court. I also believe they received a copy of the rules which strengthens the Napa Valley Wine Train's defense.
Oh yeah, don't forget that an attorney gets a percentage of what the plantiff(s) gets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/15 11:54 by Cupolau.

Date: 08/28/15 15:36
Author: qwikdick

I can assure one and all that white people are the most common group of ejectees...drunks with attitude.  A husband and wife had to placed in separate cars once, the fight was so intense.
And lest anyone assume the Maitre D' was a redneck white man, be advised...it was a very Hispanic woman with years of experience.  There is a good reason that a railroad Bull follows the train...wine may be
the drink of sophisticats, but it has the same effect as a 6 pack of suds.  Just because the "ladies" were a book club means little.  "50 Shades of Gray" is a book.  "Southern Pacific Steam" is a book. Big difference.
One is very, very sexy, but " 50 Shades", not so much.

Date: 08/28/15 16:08
Author: Lackawanna484

In today's court system, only a fool would take their chances in court against a group of grandmas.  Juries can be influenced by what they see in front of them (a lovely group of matronly ladies with nice hats) rather than a video of a bunch of loud drunks, if that's what they were.

Attorneys know that.

Date: 08/28/15 17:58
Author: darkcloud

Wow, the gullible will always be among us.

Spoiler alert:  

OJ's glove actually did fit.  Surprise, an actor knew how to act.

Date: 08/28/15 18:32
Author: cchan006

portlander Wrote:
> qwikdick Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The CEO threw his crew under the caboose.  In
> > public he says they were over 100% wrong.  In
> a
> > private meeting he said they did the right
> thing.
> > The group was obnoxious as well as loud.  They
> > were asked three times to tone it down.  Other
> > passengers were flipped off and one was
> tripped.
> > Not very ladylike.  They got their meal and
> free
> > wine and a full refund.  The lawyers are
> probably
> > crowded around three deep.  The employees are
> fit
> > to be tied.
> > One young girl was on her way to work and
> stopped
> > at Starbucks.  She was taunted as a racist. 
> > It's all a crock.
> > Is caboose supposed to be capitalized?
>
> Source? I also would like to see proof that there
> is a lawsuit. I'm not saying there isn't one, I
> just can't find info on it.
>
> Seems they don't only dislike black people....
>
> http://abc7news.com/news/napa-wine-train-accused-o
> f-racial-bias-in-second-incident/960104/

Apparently, the Wine Train experience brings so much joy that people can't contain themselves. :-)

If there is a lawsuit, I would have heard it all over the news by now - I live about hour and half drive from Napa. I thought the CEO did the prudent thing by apologizing, offering a refund, and an invite back. This turns the court of public opinion against the Book Club members if they decide to sue. In this age of nastiness from the social media, I wouldn't take that chance.

There were lots of interesting things said in the other two threads, especially about race relations that people should be paying more attention to. In this case, however, people attending the symphony and the rock concert behave differently. Enough said.

Date: 08/28/15 19:43
Author: Txhighballer

WAF Wrote:
> You kneww that was going to happen. Lincoln might
> have freed the slaves, but some feel more should
> have been done for them

Your statement taken at face value is racist and offiensive.

Date: 08/28/15 19:50

cchan006 Wrote:

> If there is a lawsuit, I would have heard it all
> over the news by now - I live about hour and half
> drive from Napa. I thought the CEO did the prudent
> thing by apologizing, offering a refund, and an
> invite back. This turns the court of public
> opinion against the Book Club members if they
> decide to sue. In this age of nastiness from the
> social media, I wouldn't take that chance.
>
> There were lots of interesting things said in the
> other two threads, especially about race relations
> that people should be paying more attention to. In
> this case, however, people attending the symphony
> and the rock concert behave differently. Enough
> said.

Excellent point! Also mentioned here:
http://blog.wblakegray.com/2015/08/loud-people-in-wineries-or-wine-trains.html?m=1

A lot of people just jumping on the bandwagon against the lawsuit here. When we don't even know if one has been filed. There may be plenty of reasons that this group was kicked off of the train, but to assume that race wasn't one of them is certainly naive.

Date: 08/29/15 04:47
Author: Ray_Murphy

portlander Wrote:

> Excellent point! Also mentioned here:
> http://blog.wblakegray.com/2015/08/loud-people-in-
> wineries-or-wine-trains.html?m=1

Portlander: terrific comment in your linked article:

"So many words of wisdom by people who weren't there. It's like reviewing wine based on the label."

Ray

Date: 08/29/15 09:17
Author: NYC6001

Drunken, wine-sotted book club? Sounds like fun!

The CEO should stand by his employees, explain that these folks were bothering other patrons, and had to go.  Sure, refund their money, no problem. Reimburse their travel expenses back home, too, if you want to be nice. That's about all they can sue you for anyway.

People need to be accountable for their actions, regardless of race, gender, etc. Drunkeness is one of them.

Date: 08/29/15 12:34
Author: Lackawanna484

NYC6001 Wrote:
> Drunken, wine-sotted book club? Sounds like fun!
>
> The CEO should stand by his employees, explain
> that these folks were bothering other patrons,
> and had to go.  Sure, refund their money, no
> problem. Reimburse their travel expenses back
> home, too, if you want to be nice. That's about
> all they can sue you for anyway.

There are issues like demeaning treatment, mental anguish, the "perp walk", all kinds of claims people routinely make in litigation. These claims are usually grouped under pam and suffering. These soft claims are often good for hard dollars.
>
> People need to be accountable for their actions,
> regardless of race, gender, etc. Drunkeness is one
> of them.

+1

Date: 08/30/15 11:20
Author: filmteknik

Someone commented:

Neither a boisterous party nor a quiet intimate experience is inherently more right than the other,

That's incorrect.  One is more "right" than the other and that is whichever one the OWNER of the train wishes.  If they wish a quiet and genteel environment then that is their perogative.  I do not believe it's somehow racist to ask people to conform their behavior to the standards they have set. 

Date: 08/30/15 11:32
Author: CA_Sou_MA_Agent

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton will soon get invloved and everything will be corrected . . .

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1023 seconds