Home Open Account Help 374 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > From one transcon spot: MOW work, planes and new autos

Date: 08/28/15 12:36
From one transcon spot: MOW work, planes and new autos
Author: JoCoLB

Within a 15-minute period early this afternoon, I was able to include a couple of trains as "backdrops" to a ballast regulator that was operating on Main Two of the BNSF Railway's transcon route through Gardner, Kan.

My focus for several minutes had been a production ballast tamper in operation, followed by a ballast regulator.  I soon heard an eastbound train approaching on Main One. It turned out to be a plane fuselage shipment from Wichita to Seattle, Wash.  The train carried two fuselages and a couple of parts cars.

About 11 minutes after the fuselage train, a westbound loaded auto rack train appeared.  The dispatcher was able to keep the flow of traffic moving over Main One with a set of crossovers between Mains One and Two  just east of my location.

A long string of empty spine cars are shown resting on Main Four in all three photos. This is one of the lead tracks to the BNSF Logistics Park Kansas City intermodal center on the west side of Gardner ---- officially located in a large annexed rural area of the City of Edgerton, Kan.

(Photos by Larry Byers)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/15 13:22 by JoCoLB.

Date: 08/28/15 13:16
Re: From one transcon spot: MOW work, planes and new autos
Author: JoCoLB

Here's a going away shot of the train carrying the two fuselages out of Wichita, Kan.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0457 seconds