Home Open Account Help 345 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Unexpected business train

Date: 09/01/15 15:02
Unexpected business train
Author: TTownTrains

I was casually passing through downtown Tulsa OK around noon today and glanced to my left to see crossing gates coming down on the BNSF.  A bit later an ES44 comes in sight from behind a building with stainless steel behind it.  A geometry car train, I thought.  WRONG!  Seven single level passenger cars with the theater car on the rear!  Well now, the chase is on.  I got east of town and shot a video, reviewed it, and it sucked, so I decided another try was needed.  I made it east of Claremore and got a shot, and was still in the mood for another video.  Since the train essentially had the railroad and was moving at track speed, I ended up about 50 miles east of Tulsa at West Catale.  Still not happy, I went on east and tried another shot at Afton, but Mr. Cloud got me.  Sigh.  Oh well, one still and one video to show for my efforts.

The train went east from Afton toward Springfield, MO.  Final destination is unknown to me.

Thanks for looking.

Bill Gillfillan
Tulsa, OK

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/01/15 16:18
Re: Unexpected business train
Author: SCKP187

Nice effort and good results. I'm surprised you were able to keep up with its pace in this area.
Brian Stevens

Date: 09/01/15 16:42
Author: santafe199

So.... with this kind of luck I assume you went down and bought a lotto ticket... ;^)

Date: 09/01/15 21:38
Author: rww

Nice, Bill.  Thanks.  To Memphis Wed, back to Springfield on Thursday, to KCK on Friday and there for the weekend.

rww

Date: 09/02/15 20:52
Author: MP4093

Great catch Bill. It was by the house and gone before I even knew it was coming. It was a nice day to tour the Cherokee Sub since all the recent track work has left it in good shape and the fact that they met trains at nearly every siding shows why the work was needed.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.034 seconds