Home Open Account Help 276 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF East Of Denver Today

Date: 10/02/15 22:19
BNSF East Of Denver Today
Author: mojaveflyer

I had to make a trip to Mc Cook, NE, today along the BNSF Brush and Akron Subs east of Denver. I discovered a new siding is operational, Corona siding, east of Wiggins and west of Bijou, along the south side of I-76. It appears to be a long one, almost two miles long. Haven't figured out how to shoot that siding yet, will probably have to access it on the southside from a county road to get more favorable light. Many of the other sidings being extended are done as well. Bijou, Crest, and Roggen sidings are complete now, Hudson is almost done and Tonville siding is in the preliminary dirt moving phases. It looks as though some of the changes will add some photographic opportunities like Hudson siding when done will provide interesting shots looking west from the hill at the Kersey Road exit from I-76 at about MP 510 on the railroad. Looking forward to the changes!

As I was heading back from Mc Cook, I saw a head light behind me and thought it was a manifest train I believed to overtaking me... I stopped at the west end of the Benkelman, NE, siding as the eastbound Z Denver Chicago headed in to the siding... It turned out to be the westbound Z Chicago - Denver train, one of the hotter trains on this part of the railroad. I didn't have time to get to where I wanted to shoot the train but took what I could. It was a very cloudy and gloomy day out there and the shot isn't really remarkable other than the fact I've never caught a train at west Benkelman.

Thanks for looking! 

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/15 22:48 by mojaveflyer.

Date: 10/02/15 22:47
Re: BNSF East Of Denver Today
Author: mojaveflyer

I should have added I saw a cement train that was going to set out at the tank car repair facillity east of Hudson and the power was going to run light to Denver, The power was: CN 2307 (a fairly new & clean GEVO), NS 7265 (ex-UP SD-90 still in UP colors), NS 9342 (an older GE in regular NS paint), and NS 7269 (another ex- UP SD-90 in UP colors)

Interesting consist that may hang around in Denver until Saturday morning if anyone goes by the roundhouse to get a picture of them... Good hunting!

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0639 seconds