Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Fort Scott Sub getting some new signals

Date: 11/23/15 18:04
BNSF Fort Scott Sub getting some new signals
Author: JoCoLB

It's obvious that the BNSF Railway's Fort Scott Sub. south of Kansas City, Kan., will soon have some new signals at the Bonita control point (M.P. 26.7)

A new 10-mile segment of Main Two is within just a few weeks of being completed  between Bonita and North Hillsdale. Construction work on the roadbed is mostly finished. New signals and switch panels for a crossover at Bonita are ready for final installation. I understand that a specialized track gang will soon start work with a track-laying machine, moving from north to south.

These pictures were taken today just south of the existing Bonita control point. Note some of the new signal masts are turned sideways until such time as they are officially activated and  put in service.

(Photos by Larry Byers)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/15 18:06 by JoCoLB.

Date: 11/23/15 19:08
Re: BNSF Fort Scott Sub getting some new signals
Author: JoCoLB

I've been informed by a friend that there will be three new crossover points on the new segment of Main Two. One on each end and one about midway between the north end and the south end.

Date: 11/23/15 19:46
Author: EastKSRailfan

Thank you for all your documentation and updates on this project!

Carl Graves, Lawrence, KS

Date: 11/23/15 19:52
Author: rrman6

Larry, is that a PTC antenna I see in the far distance near the signal cabinet?  Surely PTC is coming soon if not already in process of installation.  Nice pics and thanks much!

Date: 11/24/15 13:18
Author: mmciau

JoCoLB,

Thank you for your continuing coverage of this project.

Michael McInerney
Marion, South Australia,

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0519 seconds