Home Open Account Help 382 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Portland, Oregon - Now and Then

Date: 11/25/15 23:36
Portland, Oregon - Now and Then
Author: nomosantafe

Shot Portland and Western train 663 NB passing under the Fremont Bridge in Portland, Oregon today 11/25/15.  I photographed a Burlington Northern train at the exact same location in the summer of 1970 (seems like it was yesterday.

1. & 2.  P&W train 664 about to cross 17th Avenue  today

3.  BN train with F- unit BN 666 (former GN F-unit) leading train at the almost exact location in 1970 as the P&W train.

Nomsantafe
Portland, Oregon
"Pacific Wonderland"

Date: 11/25/15 23:56
Re: Portland, Oregon - Now and Then
Author: funnelfan

Great pics. I still remember at time when BN and ATSF were seperate railroads. But there are now many railfans who don't. I'm certainly am not old enough to remember the mix of power on the BN prior to 1980. I'm in Oregon for the holiday. Will be out doing some railfanning in Portland the next couple days.

Posted from Android

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 11/26/15 07:20
Author: Out_Of_Service

funnelfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great pics. I still remember at time when BN and
> ATSF were seperate railroads. But there are now
> many railfans who don't. I'm certainly am not old
> enough to remember the mix of power on the BN
> prior to 1980. I'm in Oregon for the holiday.
> Will be out doing some railfanning in Portland the
> next couple days.
>
> Posted from Android

depending on which way one would look at it, i unfortunately or fortunately am old enough to still remember a time when the NP, GN, CB&Q and SP&S were seperate railroads. But there are now many more railfans who don't.

Date: 11/26/15 08:48
Author: railstiesballast

I am thankful that there are so many generous people on TO who enjoy sharing their photographs and history.
Much appreciated.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0459 seconds