Home Open Account Help 279 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > How to Move a Locomotive in the Light of Day without Tracks?

Date: 11/28/15 10:51
How to Move a Locomotive in the Light of Day without Tracks?
Author: YukonYeti

Gentlemen... Thaniks for the notes and compliments..  Now that the unit is at the Alaska Marine Lines Terminal, it needs to get to Skagway..

The shots are pretty well self explanatory.

Date: 11/28/15 10:59
Re: How to Move a Locomotive in the Light of Day without Tracks?

In the first image you will see the unit at the lower left hand corner of the barge...

The second image is entitld "Finally on Home Rails - Almost."  The front end loader will tow the unit to a spot where it will finally meet the narrow guage tracks...

I will now return to the cave...

Yukon Yeti

Date: 11/28/15 15:57
Author: NSDTK

Do they have to wait for the right moment of the tide to pull the unit off the barge and onto the ramp ?

Date: 11/28/15 16:46

Maybe not the right moment but it helps to have the barge level with the dock..  There is a window of opportunity...

YY

Date: 11/28/15 17:28
Author: ns1000

Interesting pics!!  Thanks for sharing.

Date: 11/29/15 18:04
Author: burlingtonjohn

While I admire the quality of the images, I am concerned for your safety. Twice you have ventured from the relative tranquility of the Yeti lair into the bright sunshine to image these photographs. I hope you have suffered no ill effects!

Regards,
Burlington John

Date: 11/30/15 10:36
Author: UPJeff

Great picks.  Would really like to get a top view.  If I could get detailed measurements of the new items added maybe could modify our Sn3 GE90 Class kits.

Jeff Smith
Lakewood, CA
RailMaster Hobbies

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.039 seconds