Home Open Account Help 245 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > DRGW 3006 Status at Burnham???

Date: 02/08/16 21:42
DRGW 3006 Status at Burnham???
Author: NH2006

What has happened to DRGW 3006 since Burnham is closing?!?!?

Date: 02/08/16 23:23
Re: DRGW 3006 Status at Burnham???
Author: dan

in a prev post , said they are looking for other places to put the stuff , some stuff will have to be trucked out, UP is helping them a little.

Date: 02/09/16 07:11
Author: rrpreservation

Yeah, like Dan commented (thanks Dan!), the equipment is going to have to leave, but the UP has been cooperative in providing time to find a new location. We have it narrowed down to 3 sites. The cars will be prepped and moved although I don't know if it will be a single move or a few cars at a time. There are about 7 cars that need to go by truck or flatcar.

Dan Quiat

Date: 02/09/16 07:16
Author: eatontm

I think Minturn would be a great place.

T

Date: 02/09/16 08:23
Author: tomstp

Who owns the engine and cars?

Date: 02/09/16 08:37
Author: dan

rrpres owns the cars,  i agree tyler minturn would be neat, salida, craig, malta, BV, trinidad, LAJ, pueblo, burnham all would be neat, the mopac who knows

Date: 02/09/16 09:21
Author: Entropy

dan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> rrpres owns the cars,  i agree tyler minturn
> would be neat, salida, craig, malta, BV, trinidad,
> LAJ, pueblo, burnham all would be neat, the mopac
> who knows

Minturn.... Plenty of room out there. 

Maybe with the recent economy shift and coal changes UP will finally give up the Tennessee Pass. 
Its only ever been a plan B if the Moffat Tunnel was unpassible my understanding. But would make for a good 
sight seeing or Ski railroad. 

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/16 09:23 by Entropy.

Date: 02/09/16 10:48
Author: rrpreservation

Most of the cars are owned by the Museum of Railway Workers and a few by Marcus Rail, LLC.

I agree about the places on Tennessee Pass it would be excellent to have them there.  Unfortunately, from UP's perspective, the Tennessee Pass line is still an active line despite appearances to the contrary.

I think there will be opportunities at other locations, but the closure of Burnham Yard, like everyone who works there, caught me by surprise.  The priority is to move the cars to a temporary location and then once we have some time to focus we can find a more permanent spot.

DQ

Date: 02/09/16 14:16
Author: cozephyr

Minturn, Colorado, Yard (rail banked UP Tennessee Pass line) still has tracks but no activity.  December 16, 2010 found fresh snow covering the once bustling Denver & Rio Grande Western RR yard.  Minturn Depot at right.  Engine house at far left.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0502 seconds