Home Open Account Help 284 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > another wrong way on the Joint Line . . .

Date: 05/02/16 16:20
another wrong way on the Joint Line . . .
Author: 3rdswitch

.   .   .    only the fourth train in eight hours, a northbound coal empty once again stopped then proceeded north on the normal southbound only main one north of Palmer Lake on the joint UP BNSF Denver Pueblo Joint Line main. With not too many options decided on catching him between Larkspur and Tomah with the same mesa that is seen from Greenland for southbounds in the distance but of course from the other side. On most railroads this would be no big deal BUT on the Joint Line the number one main is mostly exSanta Fe and the number two main is mostly exDRGW both being on entirely different rights of way making for entirely different backgrounds and shots in general and on this line, particularly with the decline in traffic, does not happen very often.
​JB

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/16 16:44 by 3rdswitch.

Date: 05/02/16 16:27
Re: another wrong way on the Joint Line . . .
Author: mojaveflyer

Wow, that works! Nice shot.

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 05/02/16 16:39
Author: SP8595

Great angle and shot!

Date: 05/02/16 18:10
Author: TCnR

I would think others have had a discussion about this but during my visit I thought the afternoon light and the backgrounds worked out a lot better for reverse/wrong way running. I did catch a few rear facing DPU's, especially by the red barn that looked pretty nice. I don't think the Palmer Lake Customs Officers would let me back in if I posted them though.

Date: 05/02/16 18:27
Author: oklachaser

Really great shot.

Ronda Thomas

Date: 05/02/16 18:27
Author: ns1000

SP8595 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great angle and shot!

AGREED...!!

Date: 05/02/16 20:07
Author: DynamicBrake

Beautifully composed JB.  I really like the shadowed rock in the foreground in contrast with the one behind.  Thanks for sharing.

Kent in CArmel Valley

Date: 05/03/16 11:17
Author: skyview

Very well done, a shot thats quite difficult to obtain (discounting dpu's).  Good job and made all the better with snow.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0312 seconds