Home Open Account Help 233 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Mt. Rainier and everyday BNSF

Date: 05/03/16 11:02
Mt. Rainier and everyday BNSF
Author: Wizard

Hello,

Visiting friends in the Tacoma, WA area on May 2, 2016 provided me some time to take a few train photos before meeting up with them and attending a Tacoma Rainier's Triple A baseball game.  With only about 1 hour available to spend trackside this photo is the best of the bunch.  A Seattle to Pasco manifest is looking mighty fine with 14, 411 foot Mt. Rainier providing a impressive setting.  For the record,  The Rainier's won the game 6 to 1 over the Salt Lake Bees.

Enjoy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/16 11:17 by Wizard.

Date: 05/03/16 11:19
Re: Mt. Rainier and everyday BNSF
Author: ShastaDaylight

Wizard,

Even though Tacoma beat our Salt Lake Bees, this is still a spectacular photo! The train is great, but the stratovolcano is even better!

Thanks for sharing...

ShastaDaylight

Date: 05/03/16 12:42
Author: PERichardson

"Tacoma" Rainers?   To this old PCL fan (Hollywood Stars, thank you) it's Seattle Rainers.  In 1957, I saw them play a spring training game against  Portland Beavers at Stengal Field in Glendale, CA.  Hitching a ride home after the game, a big new T-bird stops and picks me up.  The driver was one Lefty O'Doul,  Seattle's manager and one of the greatest hitters not in the Hall of Fame.  He went out of his way to take me to my house down by the SP mainline.

Great photo by the way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/16 12:43 by masterphots.

Date: 05/03/16 14:28
Author: pummer

Awesome shot! 

Date: 05/03/16 14:46
Author: Auburn_Ed

I use that spot occasionally, but I've never seen it as clear, with such good color as you did.  Very good!

Ed

Date: 05/03/16 17:27
Author: 494

Oh damn!  That's a good one Wizard!

Date: 05/04/16 06:27
Author: oklachaser

Really great shot.

Ronda Thomas

Date: 05/04/16 13:08
Author: Ritzville

Very NICE shot!!

Larry

Date: 05/04/16 19:57
Author: sd40nut

Just how far from the Tavern where ya?  Great shot of the train and mountain beyond.
​Lacy

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0412 seconds