Home Open Account Help 330 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A heritage week on the P&W

Date: 05/23/16 17:56
A heritage week on the P&W
Author: OregonOldGuy

A late report due to being out of state.

The week of May 9 through 13 would see several tains including most of the P&Ws locomotives still in predecessors paint schemes.  Let the photos do the talking.   All are taken in Oregon.

Photo one on Monday the 9th, with the turn from Saint Helens to Harbor siding near Linnton.  I call this the Linnton turn just to keep from confusing with the other Harbor Turn out of Tigard.  Seen are the 3051 and 3004, a former KCS and a former St Laurence & ?? locomotives, still in their paint schemes.  Returnign home, these two untis are still on this assignment.

Photo 2 is on the 12th and the 664 train is patiently wiating on WES to finish theri morning trips.  At 10 am, they will head north to Tigard yard and a new crew.  Up front is the 2306, the former AT&SF 3605, leading the 2312 and 2311, all in thier basic Santa Fe blue and yellow.  The engineer quoted taht he felt he was taking out a Santa Fe train that morning!

Photo 3, heading to Tigard after the WES has arrived, a going away view of the trio resplendant in their variations of Santa Fe turned P&W.

More to follow.

Rob

Date: 05/23/16 18:04
Re: A heritage week on the P&W

Photo 4 shows the following Rock Train with more of the former Santa Fe units including the 2308 following the 2307.  2307 is notable as she is trying to go back to her Santa Fe roots with several peeling paint spots where the Santa Fe yellow is shoing through.

Photo 5 a going away view.  Also noteable, two Gp39-2s on the head end.  The second unit is normally SD-9 1854, which is likely in the shops in Albany.

Photo6 is the trailing GP39-2 which is also one of the remote contol units, used in unloading and also as a pusher out of the quarry north of Salem.

More to come.

Rob

Date: 05/24/16 09:59
Author: BNSF-6432

NIce!

PQM

Date: 05/24/16 10:36

photo 7 showing the 664 train, having been runaround at Beburg  and now heading toward Lake Oswego and on to Vancouver.  I was a tad late getting where I wanted to be.  I got stopped by the crossing gates and quite literally shot this from the drivers seat!

Photo 8 and it is now Friday the 13th and here is the 663 coming back from Vancouver.  They had left their 664 side train at Lake yard, run light power to Vancouver, and then returning home.  Here they are entering the valley of horns through the industrial east side of Portlnad and the Wilamette River.  Making pretty good time with a 29 car train.  The 2311 lis leading, a tell tale sign taht at some point sicne going to Vancouver yesterday, taht the set had been turned.  Most likely a short 663 yesterday was wyed and backed into the Tigard yard, eliminating the run up to Beburg and the encompassing interference with WES operations.

Thanks for looking.

Rob

Date: 05/24/16 14:56
Author: sd24b

St Lawrence and Atlantic

Posted from Android

Date: 05/24/16 20:55

sd24b Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> St Lawrence and Atlantic
>
> Posted from Android

Thanks,

I meant to look that up, but guess what, I forgot.  Another senoir moment!

Does anyone know if the PNWR 3005 is still in StL&H paint.  I can't remember.  I know of 7 units in heritage at this time: 2306, 2308, 2311, 2312, 3051, 1501, & 3004.  1801 is honorary, 1201 is, well, whatever.  One day before too long, we will look up and they'll all be repainted.

Rob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0604 seconds