Home Open Account Help 225 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Testing a New Camera With SKOL and More

Date: 05/24/16 13:59
Testing a New Camera With SKOL and More
Author: BNSF-6432

After recently making it through all four years of high school, I've advanced to a Nikon D5500. Besides one sunlit train Friday evening, I was able to start working with it yesterday despite cloudy weather, as rain is predicted in Tulsa, OK everyday this week. I decided to aim at SKOL 205 as the first victim of the new camera now that the train is on a daylight schedule leaving north out of Owasso, OK. And wound up with some other trains as well. So here's the results...

1) Friday evening I was able to capture this westbound enter downtown Tulsa, OK with a leading SD70Ace, which are becoming very common around here due to down coal traffic.

2) After a maintanence delay, SKOL 205 leaves just north of Owasso crossing Mingo Rd at milepost 76 yesterday, 5/23/16

3) Moving at 10mph, the 4 SD40s pass through the town of Collinsville, OK the next town north of Owasso

Date: 05/24/16 14:04
Re: Testing a New Camera With SKOL and More

4) Now across Main St, the train passes a tank car facility in Collinsville, OK

5) The middle of the 131 car train slowly heads north through Collinsville

6) Back in Owasso, 407 is parked on the main facing south with a rock train that has 4 SLWC (Stillwater Central) units

Date: 05/24/16 14:09

7) With word of UP 9002 west on the BNSF Cherokee Sub, we went searching and shot it in Catoosa, OK with a baretable hosted by UP power

8) Brand new 9002 makes a nice leader coming around the curve approaching Tiger siding

9) After seeing UP 9002 west, a eastbound TULLIN leaves Tiger siding with a GP39 5th out, making EMD outnumber GE's in this train

Thanks for looking
PQM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/16 14:11 by BNSF-6432.

Date: 05/24/16 14:36
Author: SCKP187

Good stuff Patrick.  Collinsville is a good subject on the SK&O and not shown enough here on TO.  Sure do like the SD90 look of the new 9000s. Great photos.
Brian Stevens

Date: 05/24/16 18:06
Author: Dilworth

nice pics skol vikings i thought

Date: 05/25/16 12:23
Author: oklachaser

Great photos Patrick. Congratulations on graduating High School. Best of luck to you in the future.

Ronda Thomas

Posted from Android

Date: 05/25/16 16:55
Author: TTownTrains

Looks like the new Nikon is performing satisfactorily.

Bill G.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0355 seconds