Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Truckee River Canyon

Date: 05/29/16 19:52
Truckee River Canyon
Author: ATSF5964

On Friday morning I decided to take advantage of the fine spring weather and try my luck around Floriston, CA on the UP Roseville Sub. I have photographed in this area several times but this was my first attempt at video in this location. Between the hours of 8 and 11 am the UP delivered four freight trains and Amtrak #5, with all but the first train running right-hand, which is the opposite of the standard practice in the area. The Truckee River is presently swollen with spring melt, and will soon be crowded with fishermen and rafters. For anyone railfanning Donner Pass, the Truckee River Canyon affords good access and splendid scenery, in a seldom-photographed area as well. 

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/29/16 20:10
Re: Truckee River Canyon
Author: tomstp

A lot of UP engines are beginning to look like the dirty SP of the 1970's -1980's.

Date: 05/29/16 20:25
Author: Copy19

Really enjoyed your video.   I prowled that area back in the days with Fs, then SDs.   The trains have changed, but that river still looks the same.  Thanks.

John Bromley

Date: 05/29/16 20:29
Author: wmbrakeman

really enjoyed watching your Video , thankyou 

Date: 05/29/16 20:35
Author: RuleG

I very much enjoyed watching the Floriston Narrows scenes.

Date: 05/29/16 21:24
Author: TCnR

Well done, nice locations!!
t4p!!

Date: 05/30/16 05:23
Author: ns1000

I enjoyed the video!!

Date: 05/30/16 06:17
Author: dmaffei

Nice work. Your locations and angles show the beauty of the area well. Don't see many photos in this area. Thanks for sharing 

Date: 05/30/16 09:47
Author: SP2778

Very nice and interesting video of an area of the SP I am not familiar with.
My only visit there was after dark in  a Pullman 1-11-44.

Date: 05/30/16 10:11
Author: callum_out

Actually the river has changed, the neat diversion dam up around Floriston washed out many
years ago and wasn't replaced. The fire up beyond there didn't help the scenery either but it's
still pretty when it's all green.

Out

Date: 05/31/16 10:02
Author: raydrs

Nicely done! Thanks for an enjoyable video.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0322 seconds