Home Open Account Help 383 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > a quick trip to Montana

Date: 05/30/16 07:08
a quick trip to Montana
Author: tc

I had to make a quick trip to montana last week to visit my very sick grandmother  and here are some images along the trip north. 1st is eastern idaho railroads #3505 crossing the snake river just at the north end of idaho falls on the UP tracks that run north along the 15 freeway. 2nd is the park local sitting at dillon mt. The whole week was cloudy with rain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/16 07:09 by tc.

Date: 05/30/16 07:15
Re: a quick trip to Montana

Then onto silver bow MT  just outside of butte for some UP switching action. This is the first time I have seen a DPU unit on one of these trains I wish I could of  caught this train as it made its way north out of dillon as it was probably good size with a DPU on the rear and all the headend power. 

Date: 05/30/16 07:23
a couple of MRL images

As said on my previous thread I had to make a quick trip last week to Montana so here are some shots under cloudy skies. Here are some images of a MRL E/B ballast train heading down the  5th sub  in the rain  next to the jefferson river.

Date: 05/30/16 07:25
Re: a couple of MRL images

A couple more on the 5th.   I didn't realize there were rain drops on the lens darn it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/16 07:26 by tc.

Date: 05/30/16 07:31

a couple more along the river and then onto sappington

Date: 05/30/16 07:33

This is were I leave this train to get to bozeman to see my grandmother.

Date: 05/30/16 07:42
Mrl part 2

1st & 2nd  is a E/B ballast train train climbing bozeman pass with the  MRL  helpers on the point. After meeting the W/B local at muir the local runs down Bozeman pass W/B with a single car.

Date: 05/30/16 07:46
Re: Mrl part 2

1st shot another day another over powered local coming into bozeman. 2nd & 3rd is fridays local with a neat visitor, it was good to see a GP9 after all these years.

Date: 05/30/16 07:50

A couple more of the local swicthing by the bozeman depot. This is all the shots I was able to do because with such sadness I had to leave montana and my grandmother (probably for the last time) to get back to the rat race  of Los Angeles  hopefully one day I will be able to call Montana home, thanks for looking    Tim

Date: 05/30/16 09:48
Author: 3rdswitch

Nice catching all that MRL blue power. Like the shot at Silver Bow, lots of activity. Wonder why? Not much business up there?
JB

Date: 05/30/16 10:54
Re: a quick trip to Montana
Author: TheInstigator

Wow look at all those racks!

Date: 05/30/16 12:36
Author: fbe

Silver Bow sees a train 3 sometimes 4 days a week. Trains seem to be in the 75-80 car lengths.

The Port of Montana unloads a lot of pick up trucks from the autoracks.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/30/16 17:30
Author: rev66vette

Even though you had some iffy weather, you made the best out of it. Enjoyed these photos very much,.

Date: 05/30/16 20:03
Author: oklachaser

Really nice photos.

Ronda Thomas

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1168 seconds