Home Open Account Help 357 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > SD/40 missing f/ Hugoton, Ks

Date: 05/30/16 16:40
SD/40 missing f/ Hugoton, Ks
Author: dcfbalcoS1

I do not see the SD/40 in Hugoton, Kansas any more and admit I have not been able to check further east on the cimarron Valley Railroad for it. Since the first of the year, the Abengoa ethanol plant close in bankruptcy after never producing a gallon of anything useable and the Prairie Ag grain trains may or may not be running, at least not right now. No other business in Hugoton uses rail service currently.
      Unit is # 3090, light gray and rebuilt by Alsthom. Most likely a Canadian unit originally.     Does anyone know where it went?

Date: 05/30/16 17:11
Re: SD/40 missing f/ Hugoton, Ks
Author: callum_out

The one Abengoa article I read said that Hugoton wasn't involved in the bankruptcy, sounds otherwise.

Out

Date: 05/30/16 17:56
Author: Lackawanna484

The US Department of Energy invested about $200mn in the Hugoton plant through a mixture of direct funding, and loan guarantees.  I haven't been following the Abengoa story, but my understanding is the Spanish parent company was clobbered by very cheap Chinese solar panels.

Hugoton:  US Dept of Energy

Date: 06/10/16 13:08
Author: ts2100

I saw the SD40 you mentioned above leading a southbound Cimarron Valley freight out of Dodge City last Saturday June 4th. I wonder if it is now part of the CVR fleet?

Todd Skaggs
Dodge City, KS

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0288 seconds