Home Open Account Help 293 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Old units coming out of storage.

Date: 06/27/16 14:57
BNSF Old units coming out of storage.
Author: Illinoisrailfan

How much units are now AC44C4Ms? What about the SD70MACe? Also rumor is that the ES44DCs 2007 and older are going into storage. Is this confirmed?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/27/16 15:39
Re: BNSF Old units coming out of storage.
Author: MrMRL

Illinoisrailfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> zzz Also rumor is that the ES44DCs 2007 and
> older are going into storage. Is this confirmed?
>

Not a rumor at all that many of the early BNSF ES44s have seen at least some time in the LUGO lines across the system. There have been pictures posted on Trainorders in previous discussions confirming 76/7700 series (and even newer "C4" series) GEVOs mixed in with the strings of 600/700/900/1000 series Dash-9s. I think the inclusion of the few newer units with the majority older was simply a matter of convenience, not nessesarilry planned outright. The RR has excess horsepower across the system, just park it and worry about it later.

Mr. MRL

Date: 06/27/16 17:08
Author: MP555

Illinoisrailfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How much units are now AC44C4Ms?

Twenty.

> What about the SD70MACe?

Twelve completed with nine more selected for upgrading.

Date: 06/28/16 08:12
Author: BNSF-6432

Two older SD70MACs were working the hump job for about a week here in Tulsa, OK. This was apparently a test to see how they do in hump service.

Posted from Android

Date: 06/28/16 14:33
Author: GN599

I have seen a couple of the older GEVOS show up freshly shopped in new paint and the like. Could they be getting cycled through for warranty work on the paint? I know their paint wasn't as bad as the Dash 9 fiasco but it isn't great either. On the other hand I brought the H-BARPAS in from Keddie this morning and had the 679 in the consist in full regalia, still a straight Dash 9, for now...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0317 seconds