Home Open Account Help 320 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF sidewalk display

Date: 06/28/16 18:44
BNSF sidewalk display
Author: nikon1

Over the past two years, the city of Topeka KS has been revitalizing the downtown district of Topeka taking Kansas Ave from four lanes to two lanes and doing a total upgrade to the sidewalks creating a Plaza style enviroment with busines and corperations in Topeka paying to re-vamp parts of downtown by paying to do a section of Downtown Topeka. BNSF contributed a model of a GE GEVO, a steam engine bell, a replica of a passenger station platform awning and a railroad employee holding his pocket watch and timetable standing on a map of Topeka in the late 1800's and two park benches made from rehabed  40 in locomotive wheels. BNSF's contribution is between the mid 900 block of Kansas Ave and 10th street on the westside.
Cheers
Charlie
MP 52.8 on the BNSF Topeka Sub

1) BNSF GEVO 1859
2) Steam Locomotive Bell-minus the clapper
3) Bronze statue of a RR employee

Date: 06/28/16 18:47
Re: BNSF sidewalk display
Author: nikon1

4) Hand of the RR Employee showing the top of the timetable
5) bottom of the timetable which reads Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe Ry 1878 to 2016 and beyond

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/16 06:34 by nikon1.

Date: 06/28/16 18:52
Author: rrpreservation

Fantastic display! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Date: 06/28/16 20:52
Author: bnsfsd70

Oh, wow! I had seen a photo of that GEVO from a few months ago before it was finished, but I hadn't seen it since.  I didn't know anything of the statue though.  Love the detail on that too, with the ATSF timetable.

I'll have to check that out soon!

- Jeff

Date: 06/29/16 13:13
Author: DocJones

How long do you think that bell will last?

Have fun, be safe,
Bruce "Doc" Jones  Sierra Madre CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0314 seconds