Home Open Account Help 290 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > SoCal BNSF and UP operations on July 4th?

Date: 06/30/16 07:22
SoCal BNSF and UP operations on July 4th?
Author: PasadenaSub

I'll have this Monday off while my wife has to work, so I was thinking of going to Cajon Pass or Beaumont Hill in the morning.  Will the eastbound UP and BNSF intermodal parades be diminished by the holiday, or will it be business as usual?

Thanks for any info,

Rich

Date: 06/30/16 09:51
Re: SoCal BNSF and UP operations on July 4th?
Author: zchcsse

The eastbound intermodal parades will be diminished because it's Monday.  There are hardly any intermodal trains orginating out of the "Basin" on any given Monday.  It could be even worse because it's the Holiday, or, for BNSF, it could be a little above average if they still have a backlog of Stack traffic held due to the Panhandle, TX wreck. 

-Tom

Date: 06/30/16 12:01
Author: mpaul101

UP's operating plan below:Independence Day Operating PlanAnnouncement Number: CN2016-16
Categories: General Announcements
Posted Date: June 23, 2016To Our Customers,Union Pacific plans to have modified operations for Independence Day. This includes operations on Monday, July 4, 2016, through Tuesday, July 5, 2016.Between 7 a.m. on Monday, July 4 and 6:59 a.m. on Tuesday, July 5, manifest trains will be held at origin. Trains en route will operate to destination. Some yard and local operations may be curtailed based on traffic levels and customer needs. Critical customer-specific switching requests will be protected.Interchange operations will be coordinated as required with connecting railroads at all locations.If your facility requires service during the holiday, please open a Service Issue on our website prior to close of business on Wednesday, June 29, 2016. You may also contact Customer Service at 1-800-272-8777 to have them open a Service Issue on your behalf. Feedback will be provided regarding the availability of service over the Independence Day holiday.This operating plan is subject to change in the event of a major service interruption or weather event. Thank you for your cooperation. On behalf of all of the employees of Union Pacific, we would like to wish you a safe and happy holiday.Please contact the National Customer Service Center or your Union Pacific representative with any questions.

Date: 06/30/16 16:10
Author: PNWRailfan

I would assume traffic would be pretty busy on Tuesday then when they let all the held manifests loose. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0365 seconds