Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > e/b 2x2x2 stacks

Date: 07/24/16 09:30
e/b 2x2x2 stacks
Author: goneon66

i caught this e/b 2x2x2 stack train e/of c.p. walapai (between kingman and hackberry, az) on the bnsf's seligman sub this morning.  sure is nice to see sd 70aces out here.........

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/24/16 11:07
Re: e/b 2x2x2 stacks
Author: coach

Great video and sound of a great line.  I was coming west one time along old Route 66 and stopped near here, and loved listening to the trains pass by, no horn, just working hard.

DPU question:  I noticed 2 of the units are the "C4" type with an idler axle.  Does the engineer have the ability to raise or lower those axles from the front end, via DPU controls?

Date: 07/24/16 18:33
Author: cookdb3

Great to see your video and please keeping on taking more!!!! Thanks for great sharing! (smile)

From Clifford Cook
Yass NSW Australia.

Date: 07/24/16 18:48
Author: SanJoaquinEngr

Hey Coach  which consist are you reering to ? the middle helper or the rear helper?  coach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great video and sound of a great line.  I was
> coming west one time along old Route 66 and
> stopped near here, and loved listening to the
> trains pass by, no horn, just working hard.
>
> DPU question:  I noticed 2 of the units are the
> "C4" type with an idler axle.  Does the engineer
> have the ability to raise or lower those axles
> from the front end, via DPU controls?

Date: 07/24/16 20:45
Author: Trains232

Don't matter which consist. Engineers have no control over that C4 axle, I'd say 3 outta 4 dont even know about that feature. 

Date: 07/25/16 07:45
Author: Entropy

The idler axles are sprung and needed to control the 420,000lbs+/- locomotive weight and braking. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0374 seconds