Home Open Account Help 299 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP 844 and a few other goodies.

Date: 07/24/16 10:33
UP 844 and a few other goodies.
Author: upheritage6

Well yesterday, as many other people did on TO and anyone else who likes steam, i chased 844. I also got to meet new people and see many friends. Also got sunburnt to hell. Looked redder than my shirt! Forgot the sunscreen. Well lets get back to it, i started at the yard meeting two friends from California who chased with us. Then meeting a new person from Missouri and seeing my friend who works at Amtrak at Commerce City at SP8595's spot. After intercepting it there, i raced North catching it in La Salle. Then detouring around Greeley and catching it north of Eaton (Shots came out bad so i wont post) but that is the fun part of railfanning. I tried beating it to Terry Ranch rad and missed it by a couple minutes. I got a photo at MP 511 which also came out bad. After i did all that, i met a few of my friends at Archer hill including TO member es44fan. And wesleygreer. (Hope i got that right!) Also met CPM260 (nice guy) The first train we saw was a manifest with a CSX YN3 GE. Then a westbound popped up, then eventually a train we were wanting to catch, the MGRNP-22 with 2002! We waited for one more Eastbound and headed to Hermosa only to catch only one of the westbounds we previously saw. After about an hour and a half of nothing we went back to Cheyenne. Right as i pulled up to 511 a Westbound empty rail train was coming. I got an alright photo. After that, a Northbound BNSF with a CP 2nd out rolled up. Lot of people there including FrontRangeTrains, ColoradoRailfan, HighGreenGraphics, and SP8595. After discussing about a sign post that was in our shots we all worked together and moved the photo line up past the post. And as 844 was coming out of Cheyenne a guy parked his truck in our shot, after a bunch of yelling and some cussing, he moved. After getting 844 at MP511 again i raced to Terry Ranch Road and barely made it. After it passed TRR, i raced south to Nunn, Co. seeing John and Kevin again. After 844 passed there, i got it in Commerce City at one of my favorite spots for Southbounds. I was gonna beat it to York street and ditched that for something AWESOME! After i got my shot at the diamond, i went into the yard seeing many old friends and meeting a couple. It was a fun day. Look forward to next year, When i can actually drive! haha.
1) 844 getting close to pounding the Diamond at Commerce City.
2) 844 speeds by La Salle
3 The first eastbound shows at Archer Hill.
Theres plenty more to come!

Date: 07/24/16 10:36
Re: UP 844 and a few other goodies.

4) Here we have a westbound with a UP SD70ACe
5) we have the MGRNP with 2002
6) At Hermosa, we have a westbound stacker.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/16 11:05 by upheritage6.

Date: 07/24/16 10:38

7) UP SD70M lead empty welded rail west out of cheyenne beating the heavy storm soon to come.
8) BNSF Empty coal with a CP GE approaches Cheyenne.
9) UP 844 races out of Cheyenne.

Date: 07/24/16 10:40

10) 844 at Terry Ranch Road
11) 844 races past the over pass at Nunn
12) 844 approaches 72nd Ave in Commerce city.

Date: 07/24/16 10:43

Last two!
13) BNSF Hudson Turn power sits just north of the Diamond. Under a rainbow. I guess this was my pot of gold?
14) UP 844 has finished her day of work.
Thanks for looking guys!
By the way, for anyone who has photography tips, please PM me. I would much appreciate it!
Thanks again!

Date: 07/24/16 10:49

I forgot to edit my pic of the MGRNP
here it is!
UP MGRNP-22 races past Archer Hill with 2002 2nd out
Thanks for looking1

Date: 07/24/16 10:59
Author: coach

I may be wrong, but I don't think SP had any SD-70's with the flared radiators.  Great photos otherwise!

Date: 07/24/16 11:01

coach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I may be wrong, but I don't think SP had any
> SD-70's with the flared radiators.  Great photos
> otherwise!

Oops uploaded the wrong one. That is an SD70ACe

Date: 07/24/16 12:09
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

Those are some really ncie photos!  I really, really like the
dark storm clouds you got in several of your shots,  And
your very last photo is a stunner -- a knock-your-socks-off
IOTD or IOTM candidate!  (I know -- TO only does IOTD. 
But THAT photo DESERVES an IOTM award!)

Glad yua caught the UP 2002, too -- that was a real treat!
And she wa even facing forward! 

So glad you had a good time and a successful chase.
And it is truly the PEOPLE that make the day -- the old
friends you see, and the new ones you make while out
and about watching and chasing trains.

Well done, sir!

Long live the 844!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/16 14:40 by Margaret_SP_fan.

Date: 07/24/16 14:18
Author: ns1000

You had an interesting day!!

Nice pics!!

Date: 07/24/16 17:40
Author: NH2006

Good stuff there Noah!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0633 seconds