Home Open Account Help 366 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Blades & Eggs on the KP.....

Date: 07/26/16 07:38
Blades & Eggs on the KP.....
Author: oklachaser

Last week me & SCKP187 made a trip West to Colorado to shoot UP844. While making our way back home on the 22nd we got a heads-up about an eastbound blade train with CSXT 7693 & 5345 on the KP. We first caught it Clifford, CO. While waiting for it to arrive Clifford we saw 2 bucks; one was a 4 point & the other was a 10 point. Next we got it at an overpass just East of Sharon Springs, KS. We drove on to Monument, KS where we got it for the last time.
As for the egg part of the post; anyone familiar with Wilson, KS knows about the large Czech egg that is on display. While we were making our way West last Tuesday, the 19th, we noticed alot of action with a crowd of people taking pictures & videos by the egg. We weren't sure what was going on but we knew it was something major. I made the comment to Brian that maybe they were going to stand it up. On our way back home last Saturday, the 23rd, we swung thru Wilson & sure enough they had stood the egg up & had built a beautiful gazebo around it.

8 photos & 2 videos.
Photos 1-6 & both videos were taken 7-22-16.

Photos 1&2:   The 2 bucks we saw at Clifford, CO.

there's more....

Date: 07/26/16 07:40
Re: Blades & Eggs on the KP.....

Photos 3&4:   Eastbound CSXT 7693 & 5345 blade train passing by the Montgomery Ward's house at Clifford, CO.

more to follow....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/16 12:28 by oklachaser.

Date: 07/26/16 08:05
Author: rrman6

And no egg pic?!!!  Good shots otherwise!

Date: 07/26/16 08:09

Video at Sharon Springs, KS.

more to follow...

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/26/16 08:19
Author: FiveChime

Did you take any photos of the egg?

Regards, Jim Evans

Date: 07/26/16 08:44

Photos 5&6:   EB CSXT 7693 & 5345 Monument, KS.

1 video & 2 more photos...

Date: 07/26/16 08:46

Photos 7&8:   Egg at Wilson, KS.

Photo 7 taken 12-22-15.
Photo 8 taken 7-23-16.

1 video to follow...

Date: 07/26/16 10:34

Video of blade train at Monument, KS taken 7-22-16.

Thanks for looking.
Ronda Thomas

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/26/16 11:29
Author: santafe199

Great coverage, Ronda! I'll have to put that egg in my photo-basket (bucket list) of things to shoot next time I'm out that way. It looks like the "Sunflower Coal" lettering way back there is still in good shape, even though that elevator looks about ready to fall in at any minute. And keep on posting your words "more to follow". Some day somebody will read them. (Including me ... ;^)

Lance/199

Date: 07/26/16 11:41
Author: skyview

That structure in your 3rd picture is on my list to see, great to see a train captured with it.  Pretty special and unique, at this point structure.  Hopefully your trip to Colo went well!  Thanks for posting.

Date: 07/26/16 11:54
Author: Ritzville

Looks like you had an interesting trip Ronda with bucks, blades and eggs. Nice shots of the blade train and the interesting egg in Wilson. 

Larry

Date: 07/26/16 12:45
Author: Coalca

Eggcellent shots

Date: 07/26/16 12:48
Author: SD45X

West of the Mississippi you only count one side of the antlers :)
2pt and a five:)

Date: 07/26/16 13:06

SD45X Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> West of the Mississippi you only count one side of
> the antlers :)
> 2pt and a five:)
We count both sides in Oklahoma but my Dad told me they only count one side in Colorado.

Ronda Thomas

Posted from Android

Date: 07/26/16 16:57
Author: Evan_Werkema

Winlock, WA will have to revise their claim: http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/4033

Date: 07/26/16 19:43
Author: upkpfan

Good pics. Ronda. All the metal and building of the cover for the egg was donated by a company here in Ellsworth, KS. The decatation of the Czech egg is this Sat. during the Czech Festival. I will have my old 40 pu. in it and also a play house that we are selling raffle tickets for to raise money to restore the Santa Fe Depot in Holyrood. upkpfan

Date: 07/27/16 09:20
Author: JoCoLB

Great report out of Kansas. Photo  No. 5 showing the blade train in the S-curves is one of the best photos I've ever seen of a blade shipment. You picked an ideal spot. Congratulations. 

Date: 07/27/16 11:05
Author: JoCoLB

History question: Anyone know when and where the very first wind generator blade train originated and on what railroad?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0544 seconds