Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > General Code Op Rules - Spanish language version

Date: 07/27/16 05:34
General Code Op Rules - Spanish language version
Author: gyralite

There was a Spanish language version of the General Code of Operating Rules issued in 2008.  Does anyone know if a newer version was ever issued?  (If so, what was the year?)  Thanks.

Date: 07/27/16 10:02
Re: General Code Op Rules - Spanish language version
Author: railstiesballast

When in Peru in 2010 they were using Track Warrent Control that seemed to be a direct Spanish translation of the forms and procedures we used in English.
Perhaps other Spanish speaking countries have adopted the GCOR?
Many decades ago the Southern Pacific Maintenance of Way Book of Rules had instructions for how to set up red, yellow, and green flags in both English and Spanish, presumably to assure that track department employees fully understood the flagging rules, but I never met a Foreman who was not flunent in English.

Date: 07/27/16 13:56
Author: czephyr17

I am pretty sure the major Mexican railways have adopted, if not the GCOR in whole, at least a substantial part of the language from the GCOR rule book.  That would make sense especially in the case of Kansas City Southern de México since the KCS in the US uses GCOR.

Date: 07/27/16 15:11
Author: Geep

czephyr17 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am pretty sure the major Mexican railways have
> adopted, if not the GCOR in whole, at least a
> substantial part of the language from the GCOR
> rule book.  That would make sense especially in
> the case of Kansas City Southern de México since
> the KCS in the US uses GCOR.

All Mexican Class I and II carriershave the equivalente to GCOR in Spanish with a few modifications. Each Railroad has to has it's own Internal Transportation Rulebook, according to Mexican Railway Law, last ammended 2014. So, basically they use a spanish version of Either GCOR 5th to 7th Editions. Since there are no CFR's, SCT does the job of FRA and STB (all in one)... Mexico recognizes AAR as an industry standard. 

Interesting about Peru. By the way: Austrailian heavy haul, Brazilian and Saudi Arabia should be interesting to observe and study their regulations and their Rulebooks.

Mexico used Trainorders at least until the early 2000's, together with radio substitute for Telegraph and the old NdeM Rulebook! DTC started in Mid 90's on dark territory, CTC always remained the same as far as the basics. No PTC, except the Mexico City Commuter train uses ERTMS Level 1 through signaling with UIC standards mixed with AREMA's! TWC was born altogether (for dark territory) in early 2000's to replace DTC and the last of Standard Trainorder and Timetable operations.

-Geep

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/16 15:15 by Geep.

Date: 07/27/16 20:12
Author: grafvonb49

It might be interesting for someone to post a late-20th Century TO in Spanish.
Any examples out there?

Date: 08/01/16 15:15
Author: agreementsleuth

Ferromex and KCSM do not honor the General Code of Operating Rules.  Instead each issue their own operating rules, which are filed with Mexico's Secretary of Communications and Transport (SCT).  Ferromex's rules were filed the SCT on July 26, 2011 and KCSM's on November 23, 2006.

Date: 08/01/16 15:41
Author: Lackawanna484

agreementsleuth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ferromex and KCSM do not honor the General Code of
> Operating Rules.  Instead each issue their own
> operating rules, which are filed with
> Mexico's Secretary of Communications and
> Transport (SCT).  Ferromex's rules were filed the
> SCT on July 26, 2011 and KCSM's on November 23,
> 2006.

That's very interesting.  Do you have any idea how the two sets of rail company operating rules compare with the GCOR?

Date: 08/01/16 17:52
Author: agreementsleuth

No, but based on my experiences, as a gringo, working with Mexico's railroad industry since 1998, I would think there would be a number of differences.

Date: 08/04/16 04:00
Author: svecellio

Incorrect..

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0573 seconds