Home Open Account Help 362 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > FRA inspection train on Joint Line . . .

Date: 08/25/16 14:58
FRA inspection train on Joint Line . . .
Author: 3rdswitch

.   .   .   Just a while ago up here at Palmer Lake, CO along the joint UP BNSF Denver Pueblo Joint Line main **correction**, informants tell me this was actually a BNSF FRA inspection train, not surprised as the Joint Line has seen BNSF trains with UP power and UP trains with BNSF power the last few years. After stopping at CP Palmer Lake, picking up an employee and receiving both high wind and flood warnings the train pulled ahead then stopped south of the signals then finally started south towards Colorado Spring and to quote the conductor "take as far as we can go". This delay made it dark as could be and I barely made it the two minute drive home before the skies let you know who was in charge with rain wind lightning and thunder. Just another beautiful summer afternoon in the neighborhood.
​JB

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/16 06:14 by 3rdswitch.

Date: 08/25/16 16:31
Re: FRA inspection train on Joint Line . . .
Author: SP8595

Nice grab!

Date: 08/25/16 16:56
Author: Cajon92

Nice catch, JB.

Ryan

Date: 08/25/16 17:11
Author: SCKP187

Good ones. Always nice to shoot and document the special and colorful moves.
Brian Stevens

Date: 08/25/16 19:37
Author: highgreengraphics

Veeeeery nice grab there, I have never seen the blue car before. Thanks! === === = === JLH

Date: 08/26/16 04:25
Author: raytc1944

FRA chief, Sara Feinberg, should take a ride on the car.  She acts like she's never been on
or have seen a train!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0384 seconds