Home Open Account Help 214 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Ready To Go SMART Stations In Novato: A Tour

Date: 09/26/16 01:21
Ready To Go SMART Stations In Novato: A Tour
Author: phthithu

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/18 14:05 by phthithu.

Date: 09/26/16 07:01
Re: Ready To Go SMART Stations In Novato: A Tour
Author: CPRR

Be honest with you I would if I could secure the funding cut a deal with Novato to restore the depot, develop the freight house site into a park/garden, and put a coffee shop inside the depot.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/26/16 07:18
Author: Railbaron

Recently I made a visit to SMART and along with "Weather" toured the various stations on SMART. What surprised me was the lack of parking at almost all of the SMART stations. While SMART wants lots of riders if you don't give them places to park I wonder how many riders there will actually be on a daily basis. If they were to develop the freight station as a SMART depot in Novato I fear there would be no parking near that stop either.

Date: 09/26/16 17:14
Author: DFWJIM

A few questions:

1). Was the fence at the San Marin station damaged by vandals/homeless?

​2). Will SMART be having security in place to watch the parking lots?

​3). Are the SMART train units parked in Ignacio guarded to prevent vandalism and graffiti?

Date: 09/26/16 21:42
Author: kilroydiver

I think SMART was the wrong name chosen for this system, I think DUMB would have been more appropriate. They are going to charge high fees for tickets, they didn't account for parking at many stations, they cut off a lot of the NWP's old freight spurs, think cars of LPG on the NWP in Schellville are "abandoned"...

Dave 

Date: 09/27/16 08:24
Author: kingman

Thats stretching a point to call it a station. More like pile of cement with a bench

Date: 10/15/16 11:39
Author: DFWJIM

That's a shame that the unit was tagged. I guess the security guard is now looking for new employment.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0517 seconds