Home Open Account Help 230 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > CORP in Weed, CA

Date: 09/27/16 09:51
CORP in Weed, CA
Author: jimB

Returning from the Seattle area last Thurs, encountered the CORP switching its South end at Weed, CA. There was a fresh dusting of snow on Mt Shasta that wasn't there on the drive North, and maybe isn't now given the heat this week!

1: About to pull around the wye from Alamo Ave with US 97 in the background. The brakeman's safety vest shows up well on end of the cut!

2: Switching the Roseburg mill with Shasta in the background. Would have like to have the train closer, but I had a long drive ahead and I didn't have time to wait for that!

3: Switching the mill from Roseburg Pkwy.

Jim B

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/16 09:02 by jimB.

Date: 09/27/16 10:31
Re: CORP in Weed, CA
Author: OregonOldGuy

Looks like they had just returned from the Hornbrook exchange.  I see they still have the water car too.  They set out the empties and pull the loads and basically ready the train for the next day if they are going to Hornbrook again.  Weed has some really convoluted leads and is a fun thing to watch.  The veneer plant is a tail end switchback kind of arrangement where they use only one engine because the tail is too short to use both.  I always get high on Weed, watching them switch that is!

Thanks for the view of the current ops.

Rob

Date: 09/27/16 10:40
Author: truxtrax

Did I read that right? You always get high on Weed!, , ,8>)

Larry Dodgion
Wilsonville, OR

Date: 09/27/16 11:11
Author: callum_out

You don't get high on Weed, the summit is at Black Butte which is South of there! (nyuk-nyuk)
Man those are some pretty shots, used to spend a lot of time in that mill, glad it's still there and
running.

Out

Date: 09/27/16 11:32
Author: TCnR

Great photos, lots of color.
Drove past Monday afternoon and noticed the power was not parked at the wye, curous if they have changed their hours back to daytime.

Date: 09/27/16 12:57
Author: ns1000

I like the look of Pics 2 and 3!!

Date: 09/27/16 13:00
Author: icancmp193

Jim -
Good job! Perhaps I'll luck into something next week....

Tom

Date: 09/27/16 19:45
Author: OregonOldGuy

Well, I guess I should have said on the subject of Weed, 
CA!! Rob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0364 seconds