Home Open Account Help 404 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > EC-5 on KP

Date: 10/19/16 18:44
EC-5 on KP
Author: upkpfan

Tuesday, I was heading home from Salina and just East of Bavaria, KS on the KP, I met the UP 2670 pulling the EC-5 Track Detector car. Quick turned around and the chase was on. Please excuse the first pic. as my camera had been acting up the last couple of days on our trip that ended Sat. It would freewze up and I couldn't zoom in or out and this was the case again right here on this first shot.

#1 Was taken at the Burma Road West of Salina.
#2 I deceided that I may as well go on into Salina and catch it by the depot. Well it fooled me and went in on the South side of the Union
     Station Depot and then pulled up far enough so it could then be backed down the siding of the track that runs down to the old Shilling
     air base and tied it down for the night.
#3 Here it is starting to back down the  track. I believe this was the old MOP track from Salina to Marquette.   upkpfan

Date: 10/19/16 18:49
Re: EC-5 on KP

6 more to follow.

#4 Here is 2670 backing down the old track.
#5 Here is EC-5, the William Wimmer car.
#6 Moving on down the track.    upkpfan

Date: 10/19/16 18:54

Last 3.
#7  EC-5 has reached it's spot to rest in for the night.
#8  The whole train at rest now.
#9  A shot on the dark side.   Thanks for looking. upkpfan

Date: 10/20/16 19:39
Author: JoCoLB

Some good photos, Marvin. Wish your or someone else could catch a train moving on the old MoPac track that leads out to the airport industrial area. It runs through some of the city's residential areas, plus crosses old U.S. 81 highway. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/16 19:40 by JoCoLB.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0729 seconds