Home Open Account Help 270 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Last day Orin Sub (WY)

Date: 10/21/16 08:05
Last day Orin Sub (WY)
Author: skyview

These last images taken on Sept 28, 2016 

The first two images show BNSF 5994 with a coal load ready to depart, waiting at Caballo Jct.  The first image shows the Caballo Mine loadout behind the train, with the 2nd showing the ever present antelope in the area.
The third image has DPU BNSF 5835 shoving the train during loading at Black Thunder West.

Date: 10/21/16 08:08
Re: Last day Orin Sub (WY)

Next, UP 6941 with a coal empty at West Nacco, with another antelope.
BNSF 9058 leads a coal load at East Nacco.... like this angle though the sun needed to be a bit further north, this is a spot I had to wait a long time for the movement, one of the few places I had to wait very long.
The third shot back at Logan Hill with UP 8792 leading a coal load south.

Date: 10/21/16 08:12

Next, BNSF 9058 leads another load, with a second BNSF close behind, at Logan Hill.
Not quite postioned right, manned helper BNSF 8422 along with two DPUs shoves the closer train, with BNSF 9253 close behind.
Third is the closer shot of the second train led by BNSF 9253

Date: 10/21/16 08:15

Turning 180 degrees from the previous shots, DPU BNSF 5736 shoves the coal load, while UP 5901 leads an empty north.
Second shot of UP 5901 leading empty north.
Third shot showing a metal snow fence, south of Bill, with BNSF 9263 leading a coal load south.

Logan Hill always seems to be a good place to catch multiple trains in one image.

Date: 10/21/16 08:17

Next, UP 8109 with a coal empty at Walker.
With the second shot showing the meet between BNSF 9263 and the UP 8109.
The third shot has BNSF 9263 with one of the many oil wells in the area.  I had set up for the oil well shot, and actually wished the UP train had not showed, as would have preferred one train in the shot... oh well.

Date: 10/21/16 08:20

The final two shots a bit further south showing BNSF 9263 with the coal load south.  I like the first of the two with the shadows, though the second shot is a bit more traditional.  These shots just before sunset.

As mentioned the other day, plenty of traffic to stay busy with trains pretty much all day, though a few lulls did occur from time to time.

Date: 10/21/16 08:22
Author: King_Coal

Clear skies and wide open spaces. Very nice series. Thanks for posting.

Date: 10/21/16 09:33
Author: billio

Orin't you glad you went forth and took these great pics?

Date: 10/21/16 10:07
Author: Bob3985

Great phoptos all. But I especially liked your composition of the one with the snow fence and local flora of Wyoming in it.
You are adding to my urge to go visit the area again one of these days. It has been several years. Last time I was up on the hill they were just grading for the fourth main that you see in some of your photos.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 10/21/16 11:33
Author: 3rdswitch

Looks like a great time was had, lots of great shots.
JB

Date: 10/21/16 13:02
Author: SD70M

I was at Logan hill in mid August. Miserable day, with temp in the low 50's!

Date: 10/22/16 00:49
Author: mojaveflyer

Nice series of shots, Tim! Thanks for sharing.

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 10/23/16 17:30
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0651 seconds